Senior Freight Consultant
Our client is a global leading consultancy that offers innovative digital and supply chain solutions. They work with some of the most leading brands and have strong presence in Asia Pacific region, including offices in Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand, and in the UK and USA.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Freight Consultant to join their team in Cleveland, Boston, or Cincinnati. Apply now and be part of the force shaping the future of global business transformation.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Freight Consultant to develop as part of an exceptional team delivering Supply Chain and Logistics solutions for a diverse range of clients. The role is focused on deploying superior domestic and international transport/ logistics knowledge and problem-solving skills to deliver cost saving and process improvement solutions to a range of clients and industries.
The successful candidate will/is:
- Review client freight and logistics management and operational processes and systems to develop business improvement solutions.
- Review client transport logistics networks and develop alternative more cost-effective networks.
- Using freight and logistics rate benchmarks quantify the value of cost, management, process, and network opportunities.
- Conduct transport network modelling to establish baseline and future costs for client networks.
- Lead Freight and Logistics procurement processes (RFPs etc.) for clients.
- Develop freight Service provider/ 3PL Contracts & SLAs on behalf of clients.
- Provide advice to clients on transportation roles and organization structures.
- Provide advice to clients on freight/ logistics management strategies and systems, including route optimization and transport management systems (TMS).
- Understanding of carrier charging mechanisms, and how these can be managed using a Freight Invoice Management System (FIMS).
- Conduct cost /benefit analysis as input to broader logistics business cases.
- Develop and implement long-term logistics strategic programs; including concepts like Control Towers, Last Mile Strategy and Go-To Market.
- Work effectively within experienced Project Teams to deliver requirements for multiple clients.
- Engage and develop effective working relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment to project deliverables.
- Maintain relationship with both current and non-current clients to drive continued revenue and business development for the company.
- Identify potential new clients with Business Development opportunities.
- Deliver strong internal and external stakeholder management to gather required
information for assigned project requirements.
- Required to travel as per client requirements.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience in a major transport/ logistics provider and/ or management role in freight logistics for a major Industry (retail, FMCG etc.) group.
- Solid understanding of Logistics Service Providers/ 3PLs, networks and equipment.Ability to build from the bottom up a fixed and variable cost structure for a logistics task.
- Previous experience in a freight/ logistics solutions delivery role (internal or external) preferred.
- End to End Supply Chain functional knowledge and experience preferred.
- Experience in working through the delivery of major projects.
- A self-starter with capability to work independently and develop oneself professionally within the company.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
- Strong commercial acumen: previous experience in business case preparation will be advantageous.
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder engagement and management.
- Effective communication, presentation, and systems skills.
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office tools
- Well-developed and effective negotiating skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics preferred.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to email@example.com or call +61409090434.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61409090434.