Senior DC Design Consultant
Our client is a global leading consultancy that offers innovative digital and supply chain solutions. They work with some of the most leading brands and have strong presence in Asia Pacific region, including offices in Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand, and in the UK and USA.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior DC Design Consultant to join their team in Cleveland, Boston, or Cincinnati. Apply now and be part of the force shaping the future of global business transformation.
About the Role
Support a diverse range of clients across various industries by leveraging substantial operational and design expertise to lead, develop and drive tailored solutions aligned with company practices. Leading and driving project teams to result in successful delivery of projects on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will/is:
- Lead Warehouse and Process Solutions projects and provide guidance on solution development and deliverable outcomes.
- Manage projects efficiently to ensure timeframes and budgets are achieved.
- Liaise with clients to understand the problem they are endeavouring to resolve; help articulate the problem and develop an approach for resolving the problem and communicate our understanding of the requirement to ensure scope is clearly understood.
- Engage with senior client executives to explain the solution meaningfully to non-technical people and concisely articulate costs and benefits of proceeding with recommended solutions.
- Maintain professional knowledge of operational and design leading practices to support
the development of relevant solutions.
- Support the development, maintenance and usage of standard methodologies, templates, benchmarking information and industry solution information within the Warehouse and Process Solutions Team
- Exceed customer expectations regarding professional standards, quality of deliverables, and responding flexibly and innovatively to their individual needs.
- Align with the company’s operating culture of collaboration, accountability, innovative thought leadership, communication, and quality.
- Develop effective working relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment to project deliverables.
- Engage with clients to gather, understand, and validate inputs to solution development.
- Analyse operational information and conduct modelling to assess the optimal solutions available to suit client requirements.
- Develop accurate and realistic cost versus benefits and operating cost models for the development or input into business cases to justify investment.
- Develop quality reports designed to provide clarity on solutions and clear recommendations.
- Plan all project work in advance to ensure work is conducted efficiently without compromising the quality of the solution.
- Leverage your client relationships to identify additional business opportunities for the company.
- Contribute to a team-based culture and harmonious and enjoyable work environment.
- Collaborate with the Warehouse and Process Solutions Team and other colleagues to develop ideal operating solutions and leverage different skill sets.
- Maintain knowledge about current Warehouse technology and WMS systems in order to deliver best solutions for clients.
- Develop systems and processes to enhance the company’s organisational capability in DC design, logistics and project management professional services.
- Maintain client and company confidentiality.
- Travel nationally and/or internationally as per client requirements.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally possesses relevant tertiary qualification.
- 10+ years’ industry experience within Logistics
- DC Design experience, ideally with varying automation solutions or WMS implementation and usage experience with multiple WMS systems
- Automation experience is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in a Distribution Centre Solutions delivery role (internal or external) essential.
- Operational experience would be highly valued.
- Cross industry experience
- Extensive experience in leading the delivery of major projects.
- Leadership and executive level stakeholder engagement skills
- Extremely developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver client and business requirements.
- An executive level commercial and business focus/acumen
- Effective communication skills at all levels of organisations
- Excellent excel and document writing skills.
- Sketch-up or other animation experience is valued.
- Advanced Excel
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61409090434.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61409090434.