Packaging Team Leader
Our client is one of Australia’s leading beverage companies boasting an impressive collection of widely cherished brands in their portfolio.
About the Role
To execute the strategy for the packaging team and lead their team to deliver the plan whilst pursing improvements in safety, quality, value, process excellence and culture.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and monitor safe work practices through your teams, including the wearing of appropriate PPE, identifying safety issues (though raising near misses), action close outs & ensure sufficient training of team members.
- Ensure all 5S standards are maintained and signed off.
- Ensure self and team have and focus on a wellbeing goal.
- Complete standard work to ensure procedures and quality checks are completed as per plan.
- Ensure systemic DMAIC (5 Whys) problem solving applied to achieve. improvement targets. Resolve issues at T1 and escalate to T2 if required.
- Ensure quality checks are completed and actioned by your team.
- Ensure all NPD in packaging is DIFOT.
- Champion Teamwork to improve team behaviours, improvements, and results.
- Completing all scheduled MEX TRACC activities (as specified in relevant broad plans).
- Embed and improve Standard Work for self and team.
- Execute relevant broad plan activities with your team.
- Monitor & highlight overspends.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- High level process improvement skills with analytical ability and strategic problem-solving skills (root cause analysis, process improvements & corrective actions).
- Cross functional agility and is able to easily work with key stakeholders to influence outcomes.
- Strong technical and learning agility to apply new concepts and continuously improve.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage cross functional teams, and the development and achievement of budgets.
- Able to motivate and inspire people at all levels to build a high achievement team, deal with union issues and make tough people calls when necessary.
- Degree qualifications in a Technical or related discipline will be highly regarded.
- In depth knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- In depth knowledge of safe work practices / hazard prevention.
- Experience in leading an operations team.
- Ideally FMCG experience.
- Innovation in leadership and problem solving bring new solutions to old problems.
- Demonstrated process improvement.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at email@example.com.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to send a message for feedback on your application at any time on firstname.lastname@example.org.