Our client is a leading building products company in Australia and New Zealand. It is widely acknowledged for its dependable portfolio of brands specializing in top-notch building and construction materials.
Our client offers comprehensive employee benefits package that is crucial for fostering a positive work environment and employee satisfaction.
About the Role
Integrate and leverage group scale to better plan and execute transport, delivering efficient solutions (safety, service & cost) for our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Using TMS, perform daily optimised transport planning, route modelling and scheduling across all brands for specified regions to meet internal and external demands.
- Provide system-based transport planning activity to ensure that the company’s national product movements are optimised, and that transport partners can safely and successfully execute against required service levels, in line with agreed costs and KPIs.
- Ensure carriers comply with freight order requirements, site requirements and operational details.
- Collaborate with the teams to resolve operational or carrier issues performance/compliance issues adversely affecting safety, freight costs or customer service.
- Ensure risk mitigation plan and remedy for transport related challenges/issues.
- Proactively seek and implement best practice initiatives, challenge the status quo, deliver operational excellence, and work within a continuous improvement culture throughout the company’s transport network.
- Ensure Carrier performance is optimised and determine any opportunities and/or areas for improvement and escalate any areas of risk or unresolved issues.
- Collaborate with the Logistics team and the transformation project teams to understand, validate, and ultimately support with the development/implementation of our strategic transport plan (TMS Project)
- Promote and maintain an interactive relationship between the Transport Planning team, Site Operations, Customer Service and Transport partners for optimal customer service outcomes, including the provision of effective and timely email and phone queues.
- Ensure safety by delivering solutions that are compliant to CoR requirements.
- Facilitate a positive culture of continuous improvement, idea generation and innovation that embraces standard operating procedure, compliance, and collaboration.
- Engage as a key member of a high-performance team, accountable for their actions and aligning to company behaviours.
- Recognise and reward high performance and outcomes within the company guidelines.
- Planning and execution of ~$170M of Transport Spend
- Key operational performance KPIs (Safety, Service and Cost)
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years Transport Management Systems and/or operational planning processes
- Demonstrated operational experience and knowledge of transport processes,
compliance, and planning or in a similar role ideally working with bulky goods or building materials.
- Good commercial acumen and problem-solving capability to determine the optimal solution or priority.
- Working knowledge of the transport industry, transport equipment and relevant legislative and regulatory requirements of each jurisdiction in the region
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills to enable effective stakeholder engagement and collaboration across internal and external stakeholders and partners to deliver customer-focused outcomes.
- Experience working in teams.
- Excellent communication, planning, project, and prioritisation skills
- Takes accountability and delivers on commitments.
- Strong self-motivation, drive, and initiative with ability to be resilient and work under pressure.
- High level of ethics and integrity
- High competency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Yammer, Power BI)
- Ensures safety, health, compliance, and sustainability.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to send a message for feedback on your application at any time on email@example.com.