Our client is a primary supplier of automotive aftermarket parts in Australia and New Zealand. Through a network comprising 556 stores, 12 advanced distribution centers, and a workforce of over 6,200, they specialise in reselling and distributing automotive replacement parts, accessories, and tools
Be part of their team and enjoy a world of benefits, from competitive perks to a culture that fosters growth and success.
About the Role
The Supply Chain Transformation function is responsible for the identification, planning, design, development, and deployment of solutions that enhance the business performance of the company’s Supply Chain.
The team ensures the effective planning, delivery, governance, and reporting for key project and change initiatives. It ensures capital investments are delivered in the most effective and cost-efficient way and that these investments support the delivery of the Supply Chain strategic plan and improvements across their operating model.
The role of Business Analyst is accountable for the delivery and support of the functional components of solutions within the Supply Chain IT Portfolio. The role partners cross functionally to deliver and embed solutions that enable performance improvements across the supply value chain.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the business to analyse and evaluate business needs, define requirements and create/update business processes.
- Maintain Quality Assurance by following a structured approach to system testing, unit testing and UAT testing. Assist with controlling the deployment of new software, software upgrades and software updates to production environments to minimise software defects, errors, and re-work.
- Proactively troubleshoots and resolves issues that arise during the implementation. Updates and maintains the project issues list, which includes prioritizing the issues.
- Performs detailed design for specific extension requirement.
- Works with stakeholders to test and implement interfaces between company products or external systems.
- Works directly as part of the project team during configuration, testing, training, and implementation.
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular product or platform to the completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Performs professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly defined issues.
- Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve.
- Plans most aspects of work within specified deadlines within changing priorities.
- Ensure that all tasks are executed within established duration and comply with the company’s defined standards.
- Stakeholder engagement with clear communication of who and what is required for all activities.
- Planning the scope of the work required for small to medium assignments.
- Support Functional Business Partners to ensure all projects and initiatives have a strong business case, benefits, and adequate budget for project resources.
- Support IT project teams to identify and manage dependencies, changes, risks, and issues. Escalate where necessary. Drive and motivate delivery teams.
- Undertake a detailed review of the processes, critically evaluating them to come up with options for technical development.
- Work with the distribution centre leadership team on system related warehousing processes.
- Support the management of the IT roadmap regarding enhancements, upgrades, and process improvements.
- Act as a process and system functionality SME for Inbound, Inventory, Resource Management, Rack Management, Picking, Shipping and Outbound and Reporting / Managerial Integration and Reporting
- Understand process steps and data flows end to end across involved systems (warehouse automation)
- Take proactive action to ensure that WHS practices and policies are in place to provide a safe environment for themselves and all team members, and adhere to legislative requirements, company expectations and other safety initiatives.
- Always follow safe work and operating procedures.
- Ensure the work area is kept in a neat and tidy manner, free from hazards.
- Promptly report all OHS hazards, injuries, and incidents
- Understand and demonstrate behaviour in accordance with all Company policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct, Discrimination, Bullying and EEO and all applicable laws whilst ensuring continual compliance with relevant legislation relevant to the role including WHS.
- All other tasks as directed by Manager.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum of 2 years in a business analyst role in a systems environment
- Previous experience in delivering small to medium projects with multiple stakeholders / skill groups involved.
- Strong problem-solving competence and ability to execute on tasks.
- Understanding of supply chain, logistics, and distribution functional concepts
- Experience implementing, customizing, or supporting any of the following applications: Manhattan Active, Manhattan WMOS, Schaefer WAMAS, Dematic Pick Director / Sort
Director, MyFreight, Ignition FMS, Shippit, PowerBI or other related data ETL and reporting tools, SQL, Jira / Confluence
- Experience working in retail IT.
- Ability to influence and be an effective communicator and facilitator.
- Customer Focus – crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Collaboration – You must be expert in working effectively and cooperatively with others, establishing, and maintaining good working relationships across teams and geographies.
- Communication – You are a great communicator, written and verbal (in-person or virtual),
clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Tertiary education in Business Information Systems or Logistics
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to email@example.com call 0433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on 0433422980.