Operations & Maintenance Manager
Our client is a leader in providing safe and efficient stevedoring services for a wide range of cargo types, including break bulk, bulk products, and containers. Join an organisation that blends innovation, efficiency, and a commitment to sustainability
If you’re passionate about the maritime industry, eager to be a part of a forward-thinking team, and committed to sustainable practices, this is the place for you. Apply now and be a part of our dynamic and growing organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Personally uphold and promote the company’s Mission and Code of Conduct.
- Manage, coach, and develop a high performing team that meets agreed targets/goals.
- Provide supervision and guidance to team members to ensure they fulfil their duties and comply with Company policies, procedures, and direction.
- Continue to engage workforce at all levels through regular communications and leading or actively participating in team meetings.
- Effectively resource the operation by actioning recruitment and leading the development and performance management of employees.
- Ensure training and feedback processes are effective and appropriately managed by supervisory staff.
- Provide an environment free from workplace bullying, harassment, or discrimination.
- Respond to complaints and grievances from employees and customers with an aim to resolve these where possible, prior to escalating to senior management.
- Conduct performance reviews and performance management of direct reports and provide support of performance management processes of employees as required.
- Take ownership for team cohesion.
- Conduct work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Provide resources, equipment, materials, and facilities for the safe and quality performance of work across all sections.
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with company and Customer procedures, except where such an action will lead to harm or an environmental incident.
- Comply with relevant legislation including the Workplace Health & Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act and NHVAS and communicate requirements to team members.
- Ensure team members are made aware of information briefs, safety alerts or any other relevant HSEQ information.
- Promptly report hazards and incidents through correct processes and take immediate corrective action where appropriate.
- Participate in risk management activities to ensure all areas of safety are correctly risk assessed and controls are appropriate.
- Complete all assigned HSEQ actions effectively by due dates.
- Monitor and manage, as required, health restrictions of employees and ongoing health assessment requirements.
- Engage in and comply with ongoing health assessment requirements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Maintain effective, positive communication with customers to ensure their needs are met, queries responded to in a timely manner and issues dealt with promptly.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to measure and track cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Manage budgetary and financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain metrics on key deliverables and analyse data to assess performance.
- Ensure operations and maintenance functions are effectively communicating and efficiently planning and actioning scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Liaise with external providers on logistics, maintenance and engineering concepts, initiatives, deliverables, and ongoing support.
- Bring to the attention of management, in an appropriate manner, any current or potential areas of concern.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities.
- Regularly audit systems and processes for compliance and ensure all personal actions are completed within set timeframes.
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained, and accurate.
- Ensure that records and data are current, accurate and stored within designated locations.
- Correspond/communicate with key internal and external customers including various government departments.
- Carry out such other reasonable duties as nominated by senior management from time
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Transport, Logistics, or related disciplines with at least 10 years’
experience in a senior role.
- Prior experience in a mining, manufacturing, or quarrying environment.
- Experience in project management, including design, selecting equipment, producing project documentation and commissioning.
- Experience with design of plant and equipment specific to mining/manufacturing operations and transport industry, such as bulk grabs and spreaders.
- Experience with international standards and transactions and the ability to act as company representative to conduct negotiations and purchase plant and equipment.
- Core training, including Induction.
- Inductions for customer sites and Port facilities.
- MSIC Card.
- Fatigue Management training.
- Acquire and maintain an appropriate level of skill with the following:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Industry software applications including Pinpoint AVM GPS System or alternative system (truck tracking) and DSSi Seeing machines or alternative system (driver monitoring
Acquire and/or maintain the following:
- Transport operations and laws pertaining to safe use.
- Technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling.
- Functionality of all equipment and plant.
- Road train operations.
- Dangerous goods transport
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to email@example.com call 0433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on 0433422980.