We have an opening for a Production Manager to join our client based in Sydney.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan, organise and direct the manufacturing operations which ensure the most efficient return on assets.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective and safe utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed customer expectations.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans in consultation with Operations Director and Team leaders to ensure that the facility supports strategic initiatives, follows company policies and guidelines, and meets all Company Quality / Food Safety and Workplace Safety certification and internal manufacturing and sanitation guidelines.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact-based problem solving, with constructive input and action from employees.
- Improve manpower utilisation within existing departments and processes; schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Continually improve our safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and the safety attitudes of our employees
- Maintain and improve the housekeeping in all areas.
- Maintain individual skills to ensure kept up to date with the latest production and management concepts.
- Take a lead role from an Operations perspective in Manufacturing, Sanitation, Safety, and third-party audits.
- Assist Quality Control where required to ensure aged stock and rework are kept to a minimum.
- Review performance of subordinates and implement action plans to ensure all Subordinates are performing to the best of their abilities in line with their job requirements.
- Identify training needs of all subordinates and work with Quality, Operations and HR Managers to ensure training is conducted and signed records are kept.
- Prepare monthly OEE and other reports as required by Operations Director
- Own the company sustainability program. Recommend targets across the different aspects of the program. Work with the relevant people to ensure the targets are met.
- Represent the business with internal and external stakeholders.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- At least five years’ experience in a Production Manager’s role (or equivalent) within a food manufacturing operation
- Degree in Food/Engineering
- Good communication skills and ability to influence others in the decision-making process.
- Highly organised and able to multitask.
- Lean Manufacturing skills
- Ability to implement changes to improve workflow processes.
- Computer literate with programs such as Excel, Word, Batchmaster
- An awareness of sustainability in the manufacturing environment
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61409090434.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61409090434.