Our client is a renowned global player in the transportation and logistics sector and is a prominent choice for freight forwarding in the Oceania region.
For nearly four decades, their dedication to prioritizing people and fostering strong connections with customers and collaborators has enabled them to tap into crucial international trade corridors spanning New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Europe, and the United States.
They boast a comprehensive, seamless business structure encompassing ocean and air cargo services, import-export facilitation, port transportation, customs assistance, and storage solutions—all designed to propel enterprises to new heights.
They are now looking for a Procurement Supervisor to join their team in Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne.
About the Role
The Procurement Supervisor is responsible for coordinating all daily procurement activities and ensuring timely procurement of rates and services are performed and made available for the organization’s operations. The Procurement Supervisor manages the activities within the team of procurement professionals, develops and implements procurement strategies alongside the Procurement Manager, negotiates with carriers, and helps to maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Supervise and provide guidance to the procurement team, including setting goals, monitoring performance, and conducting regular performance evaluations, as required.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment, promoting teamwork and professional development within the team.
- Coordinate workload distribution, ensuring tasks are allocated efficiently and deadlines are met.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential suppliers, evaluate their capabilities, and maintain a qualified supplier base.
- Provide relevant market insights for company’s market update.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in procurement to improve the organization’s procurement processes.
- Identify, evaluate, and select carriers based on cost, service reliability and schedule integrity.
- Negotiate and manages contracts, terms, and conditions with carriers to achieve optimal pricing and favourable terms for the company.
- Helps the Procurement Manager to monitor carrier performance, address any issues or disputes, and ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
- Helps to enforce procurement policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to relevant regulations and ethical standards.
- Coordinates the procurement cycle, including rates request, contract filing, and system update.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as finance and operations, to ensure smooth coordination and integration of procurement activities.
- Identify potential risks in the procurement process and develop mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and assess market conditions, supply chain disruptions, and regulatory changes that may impact procurement activities.
- Assist the Procurement Manager to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for the procurement function and regularly monitor and report on performance.
- Prepare and present procurement reports, including cost savings, supplier performance, and process improvements, to management.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org call 0433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on 0433422980.