Executive Assistant to Commercial Director & COO
Our client is a renowned global player in the transportation and logistics sector and is a prominent choice for freight forwarding in the Oceania region.
For nearly four decades, their dedication to prioritizing people and fostering strong connections with customers and collaborators has enabled them to tap into crucial international trade corridors spanning New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Europe, and the United States.
They boast a comprehensive, seamless business structure encompassing ocean and air cargo services, import-export facilitation, port transportation, customs assistance, and storage solutions—all designed to propel enterprises to new heights.
They are now looking for an Executive Assistant to join their team in Banksmeadow, New South Wales.
About the Role
To support the activities of the Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating
Officer through the provision of high-level secretarial services and administration; predominately pre- and post-sale support to ensure correct entry of sales details and necessary paperwork in a timely and effective manner.
The EA will be working alongside sales, operations, and customer service departments to minimize misunderstandings and provide accurate information. Through having a firm attitude to noncompliance of staff to systems and information will be of assistance with the dynamic and organised requirements of the role for continual improvement of all systems and processes.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure the provision of high-level confidential secretarial and administrative support services to Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer
- Effective utilization of daily events by coordinating/prioritising daily appointments, responding to correspondence and, where appropriate, handling or redirecting incoming telephone calls. Take and/or action messages as required.
- Ensure all appointments are in Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer, confirm all appointments 24 hours prior to meeting times and print daily and weekly calendar.
- Attend sales meetings, take minutes, and distribute to all attendees, set agenda prior to meeting, and distribute.
- Ensure weekly sales reports are provided to Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer from relevant sales reps.
- Complete client profiles as required and ensure accurate, comprehensive information is entered into computer system in relation to transition of all new accounts.
- Assist sales team in preparation of all sales quotes to customers and maintain Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer client quotes and advise overseas offices of rates sold.
- Assist sales team, sales coordinator, and customer service in quoting freight rates to customers and overseas offices as required.
- Co-ordinate in-house functions/meetings as required providing refreshments accordingly.
- Assist in training of new sales staff with administrative functions relating to sales procedures as required.
- Train staff, update, and report changes according to Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer and sales requirements to web-based program.
- Coordinating Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer travel requirements (intra/interstate and oversees) including accommodation and preparation of itineraries.
- Bookings are completed accurately in a timely manner. Bookings are confirmed where appropriate and diarised accordingly.
- Ensure all country visa applications are met.
- Prepare information for trip as requested by Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer ensuring set up overseas appointments as required.
- Assist in creating and implementation of procedures on a sales level.
- Assist preparation with Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer all tender document presentations as required.
- Assist in creating sales templates for quoting purposes for sales team, customs department, and transport quote shells.
- Update templates based on any changes applicable regarding quoting procedures or market changes in association with sales coordinator.
- Ensure all relevant updated market and product information is provided to sales team, customer service department and operations as it comes to hand.
- Assist operations, accounts and customer service department staff with any rate issues or queries from customers on their invoices either locally, interstate or overseas.
- Assist in resolving payment issues as required on behalf of Executive Assistant – Commercial Director / Chief Operating Officer.
- Assist staff/clients in any general enquiries regarding freight management and cost-effective strategies for cargo.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisational and forward planning skills
- Proven advanced computer skills, including word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, Microsoft office packages (e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook) and in-house programs.
- Management of meetings, actions, agendas, and resources
- Proficient diary management and travel coordination
- Good knowledge of industry both air and sea freight import and export background
- Understanding of sales practices relating to freight, transport, and third-party logistics
- Understanding of Customs requirements and regulations on imports and exports
- Time management skills and practices
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Personal integrity, discretion, and confidentiality
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Genalyn at email@example.com
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give Genalyn a message for feedback on your application.