Business Development Manager QLD
Our client is a renowned global player in the transportation and logistics sector and is a prominent choice for freight forwarding in the Oceania region.
For nearly four decades, their dedication to prioritizing people and fostering strong connections with customers and collaborators has enabled them to tap into crucial international trade corridors spanning New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Europe, and the United States.
They boast a comprehensive, seamless business structure encompassing ocean and air cargo services, import-export facilitation, port transportation, customs assistance, and storage solutions—all designed to propel enterprises to new heights.
They are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team in Port of Brisbane, Queensland.
About the Role
The successful candidate will:
- Proactively identify and develop new business opportunities within focus geographical locations.
- Maintenance of a consistent sales pipeline focusing on customer expectations and strong GP/revenue.
- Conduct quotes and submit tenders for potential and current customers.
- Build trusted relationships to acquire market information and sales leads.
- Manage multi-vendors to provide cost effective solution to the customers.
- Work closely with internal parties to develop strong proposals and working relationships with customers.
- Measure customer satisfaction, retention, and expansion; and
- Financial performance including reporting, targets and KPI achievement.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- 5+ years in a logistics BDM / Sales position (ideally freight forwarding).
- Strong operational understanding of containerised cargo movements via sea, air, and land.
- Proven record in attracting, winning, and maintaining clients.
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
- Good understanding of geographical market – logistics / forwarding pricing and solutions.
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills (internally and externally).
- Solid analytical and financial skills.
- Strong knowledge of various IT Systems (EDI or similar system) and Excel.
- Understanding of client’s business drivers.
- As an experienced Business Development Manager, you will build and leverage internal team capabilities to facilitate outstanding results for the customers. The role offers a market competitive salary with ample professional development and growth.
- Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Parking on site
- Available for immediate start
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org call 0433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on 0433422980.