Our client was founded in 1995 with the goal of becoming Australia’s most trusted provider of logistics management solutions.
They specialise in logistics management supporting over 80 leading brands across multiple categories, both in Australia and abroad.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Analyst to join their team in Melbourne, Victoria.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Commercial Analyst will act as a pivotal connector between data models, logistics solution design and business insights & strategy. You will support the creation of internal and external business cases including solution design and pricing.
The successful candidate will:
- Leverage advanced analytics tools and profound business acumen to develop commercial & pricing models to support Business Solution and Account Management Team in understanding market opportunities and generate the insights & customised solutions.
- Develop, transform, and model data to generate insights, improve decision making and gain competitive advantage.
- Design bespoke logistics solution driven by data and customer requirements.
- Formulate customer valued capabilities through improved insights and continuous improvement projects.
- Scenarios modelling.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of customer RFP’s – analyse the opportunity for strategic “fit”.
- Create predictive models to identify insights from trend that impact the business.
- Identify and rectify data gaps and ensuring integrity of the data sources.
- Identify, acquire, and manipulate data from multiple sources.
- Deliver insights via dashboards, structured analysis, and reporting to support ad-hoc commercial projects.
- Identify and drive best practices for all analytical processes.
- Support organisational change management to build a culture of insights-led data driven decision making.
- Ensure activities carried out in line with governance rules & processes.
- Ensure all tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in commercially focus role within Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing and FMCG industry.
- Freight experience ideal (strongly preferred)
- Proven ability to identify and introduce process improvements.
- Highly developed communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to influence all levels of management.
- A collaborative and team-oriented individual who embraces challenges and has the ability to build stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Display energy and enthusiasm – self-starter who constantly push themselves to raise the bar.
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Experience mentoring/leading a team (strongly preferred)
- Professional conduct and presentation
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in logistics, supply chain or commercial discipline preferred.
- Passionate for the customer
- Resolution orientated
- Team orientated
- Thrives under a time pressured environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Time management and organisational skills
- Effective communicator
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Continuous improvement focus
- Influence others based on logic, data and the objective merits of a situation and anticipating the feelings, needs and concerns of others.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to email@example.com call 0433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on 0433422980.