Import Operations Coordinator
Our client is an Australian-owned, family-run global logistics company that operates in over 60 countries providing an extensive global network that opens up a world of opportunities. They specialize in import and export air freight (express and consolidated) to sea freight (LCL and FCL), international and domestic delivery companies, warehousing and distribution, customs and quarantine clearance, and customs and quarantine clearance.
Join a team that takes pride in providing customers with quick access to all markets, greater control, and flexibility with their logistics and overall supply chain.
They now have an exciting opportunity for an Import Operations Coordinator to join their team in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Gold Coast.
- Documents splitting, for Brokers – uploading and labelling documents into EDI / E-DOCS
- Cross checking new job registrations and completion of Sea Cargo
- Raising of invoices for all freight charges and additional customs clearance &/or quarantine charges.
- Chasing of documents from customers and overseas agents (Packing List, Commercial Invoice etc).
- Adding purchase orders from order management to job shipments
- Confirming delivery requirements with customers
- Sending FCL Cartage advises to transport companies and liaising when detailed delivery requirements are needed.
- Booking LCL/Airfreight transport
- Cross checking and entering transport costs into Cargo wise billing.
- Data entry as required.
- Export Airfreight bookings with Airlines / Export Seafreight LCL & FCL bookings with Co-loaders & Shipping Lines
- Cross checking SLI’s, registering Consol and Shipments in Cargowise
- Booking Transport, along with any DG requirements
- Lodging EDN’s, PRA’s, and Shipping line instructions
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum, 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role or specific role
- Understanding of Australian Customs & quarantine rules & regulations.
- Understanding of Australian RMS rules in respect to road height & weight limitations.
- Understanding of Chain of Responsibility (CoR) laws.
- Intermediate Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Intermediate Cargowise.
- Possess a positive attitude with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills and reliability.
- Self-motivated & results orientated.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at email@example.com or call +61433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61433422980.