Our client is a global player in the logistics and transportation services sector, headquartered in the United States. It has a long history, with roots dating back over a century. Over the years, it has evolved into one of the world’s largest third-party logistics (3PL) providers, serving a diverse clientele.
They offer a comprehensive range of services designed to facilitate the efficient movement of goods throughout the supply chain. It serves as an intermediary between shippers and transportation providers, offering a variety of transportation options, including road, rail, ocean, and air freight, as well as intermodal solutions.
They are now looking for an Account Manager to join their team in Penang, Malaysia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The focus of the Account Manager is on maintaining ownership of existing accounts to improve the level of customer service while increasing business opportunities. Initiative, self-motivated, and the ability to stay focused on results in constant changing market conditions to achieve the performance objectives set by the management.
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for managing, maintaining, and maximizing growth
- potential of assigned Key Accounts
- Manage relationships of a defined number of MNC Customers and prospects in a particular sector or number of strategic sectors and serves as the single point of contact for each respective customer
- Ensure that Key Account engagements with customers are aligned with all relevant CHR stakeholders (country / regional / global)
- Directly contribute to the growth of the country Key Accounts Team budget by maintaining a healthy pipeline, ensuring a strong renewal rate for existing customers and increasing existing share of wallet in accordance with Sales Management targets
- Develop a comprehensive customer development plan and Win Plan for critical customers in his / her assigned portfolio and work on country / regional / global customer opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Responsible for driving consistent customer performance reviews and aligning with all relevant internal stakeholders with the objective of ensuring customer satisfaction and beyond
- Research and compile relevant customer information as part of the assigned customer RFI / RFP / RFQ process and prepare documents for customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations (via Customer Profile and/or SOP’s).
- Ensures CHR sponsors are consistently kept appraised of account activities, in particular business critical issues etc.
- Ensure alignment to defined Sales Index / KPI’s / parameters in accordance with Management targets
- Ensure alignment with all CHR internal stakeholders and be the single point of contact from a commercial perspective for CHR client base / prospects
- Pursue sales leads effectively and strategically resulting in robust and positive conversion efforts
- Follow up effectively and efficiently on all customer enquiries, tenders, and information requests as well as ensure prompt responses to internal stakeholders
- All account issues proactively managed and resolved using continuous improvement principles to enhance service level
- Improve customer satisfaction based on formal feedback and surveys of our customers.
- Adopt and fully utilize designated CRM tool – Atmosphere.
- Any other assigned duties by Management
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Possess a Diploma or Degree preferably in Business or Logistics and Supply Chain Management or equivalent, with at least 5 to 8 years of Sales experience
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability, attention to details, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a diverse environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and absolutely needs to have a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to qualify, close and develop new and existing business
- Wiling to travel overseas when required
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Genalyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give Genalyn a message for feedback on your application.