Air Freight Manager
Our client is a global player in the logistics and transportation services sector, headquartered in the United States. It has a long history, with roots dating back over a century. Over the years, it has evolved into one of the world’s largest third-party logistics (3PL) providers, serving a diverse clientele.
They offer a comprehensive range of services designed to facilitate the efficient movement of goods throughout the supply chain. It serves as an intermediary between shippers and transportation providers, offering a variety of transportation options, including road, rail, ocean, and air freight, as well as intermodal solutions.
They are now looking for an Air Freight Manager to join their team in Penang, Malaysia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Malaysia Air Freight Manager is responsible for overall Product P&L, sustainable profitable growth, and development of Air Freight Product in the country with direct management of airline procurement and performance, capacity fulfillment, pricing, customer relationships/retention/growth and operations/service excellence in alignment with Regional/Global Product and Operations Strategy and Standards. This role will manage the local air freight team and work closely with local/regional stakeholders and overseas network to execute and deliver the responsibilities.
The successful candidate will:
- Provides leadership to Air Product growth/development, team performance and talent development through management by objectives.
- Communicates timely to Regional Product/local stakeholders on latest local air market developments, trends and opportunities.
- Develops and implements Air Freight solutions as needed to support market competitive pricing and customer requirements with optimal service delivery.
- Manages Air Freight capacity procurement/rates negotiations/warehousing services and contractual agreements on the foundation of effective vendor relationship and balanced performance management.
- Drives procurement cost/yield improvements and capacity/consolidation (density/volume mix) optimization.
- Engages in regular and active customer communications and deliver service excellence to new/existing/retained customer base.
- Supports RFQs, pricing responses (contractual/transactional) and market competitive sell rates maintenance, ensuring customer/trade lane/market share volume and profitability growth.
- Delivers and enforces operational work procedures and operating cost/productivity management in accordance with Quality Standards and Policies.
- Implements Product/Operational compliance policies and continuous improvement projects/initiatives in day-to-day operations.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Role needs to be based in Penang, Malaysia.
- University Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 10-15 years professional background in the freight forwarding industry with leadership roles.
- Good knowledge of air freight market and logistics/supply chain industry.
- Air Freight Product, Operations, P&L/Financials, and team management experience.
- Maintains successful business partnerships with customers and airlines/brokers/GSAs relationships.
- Drives process/operational improvements and efficiencies and maintains highest service quality standards.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, strategic orientation, dynamic relationship building, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Manages high performing teams and drives effective change management.
- Competent customer knowledge on RFQs, pricing and contractual management.
- Strong decision making, risk management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Committed to deliver effective performance under pressure and demanding situations.
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Excellent local language and English written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Genalyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give Genalyn a message for feedback on your application.