Our client is a global player in the logistics and transportation services sector, headquartered in the United States. It has a long history, with roots dating back over a century. Over the years, it has evolved into one of the world’s largest third-party logistics (3PL) providers, serving a diverse clientele.
They offer a comprehensive range of services designed to facilitate the efficient movement of goods throughout the supply chain. It serves as an intermediary between shippers and transportation providers, offering a variety of transportation options, including road, rail, ocean, and air freight, as well as intermodal solutions.
They are now looking for a Branch Manager to join their team in Johor, Malaysia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Branch Manager provides oversight and has accountability for all within an office/capacity center to support sales growth and generate revenue. The Branch Manager coordinates, manages, and plans office/capacity center’s operations to achieve strategic business and financial objectives and align to enterprise vision and goals. The Branch Manager is responsible for strategic business planning, financial management, process implementation and improvement, talent management, and oversight of functions to ensure that quality, growth and efficiency goals are met.
The successful candidate will:
- Sets, articulates and leads office/capacity center vision and direction
- Collaborates with team to create and articulate office’s/capacity center’s strategic business plan annually (at
minimum), and actively reviews, manages and adjusts short and long-term plans as necessary
- Aligns office/capacity centers and regional performance objectives to GF and CHR’s strategic objectives
- Drives improved business decision making by utilizing analytics; identifies analytic gaps and leverages organizational resources and both internal and external technology to help improve efficiency, productivity and financial results
- Designs, implements and reviews organizational structure to drive business objectives, efficiency and growth, including role definition, resource and headcount alignment, and adjustment/re-alignment as necessary
- Builds, manages, and leverages internal relationships to ensure collaboration, capacity alignment, consistency, quality, issue resolution, process and/or service improvements and to maximize efficiencies and results
- Responsible for annual workforce planning process, including forecasting resource needs, and partners with Talent Acquisition to establish a pipeline, recruit, select, and onboard qualified and diverse talent
- Develops strong knowledge of industry trends and market drivers related to modes, products, services, pricing, and sectors that may impact strategic planning or execution and acts as a subject matter expert in communicating with various internal stakeholders
- Site Specific: Partners with a defined set of customers to complete business reviews for forecasting and planning purposes, conducts customer pipeline reviews, and creates corresponding sales and account management plans
- Accountable for the financial performance of the Tier 3/4 office/capacity center as measured by the P&L including budgeting, revenue generation and expense management
- Sets overall office/capacity center volume and margin expectations for each service line/mode that are aligned to sales expectation, customer/carrier growth, and/or commercial growth
- Responsible for expense management, including personnel-related costs (including overtime), T&E, and general administrative expenses, as well as partnering with customer-facing/ capacity-facing GMs to manage shared expenses
- Review and monitors daily, monthly, quarterly reports and analytics to:
o Monitor performance metrics (i.e. quality, volume, employee productivity, carrier portfolio growth, etc.) OR
o Identify budget impacting metrics (i.e. volume, sales, productivity, capacity, etc.)
o Adjusts business processes, strategy, and resources accordingly
- Communicates strategic plan, financial results, team/office performance metrics, and adjustments to strategy and/or process for office/capacity center to employees on a regular basis
- Partners with internal resources to manage the customer claims process/ carrier billing and claims process, serves as a point of escalation and decision making, monitors the invoicing process and lags in billing and/or payment, and identifies and implements process improvements to increase efficiency
- Engages internal and external providers to conduct cost-benefit analysis, define service delivery standards and appropriate escalation channels, and ensure ongoing relationship oversight and routine process review
- Site Specific: Directs team on customer-related business decisions, including strategies for ongoing investment in customer business, pricing, acceptable loss rates, etc.
- Site Specific: Provides oversight and accountability for the accounts receivable process, including understands customer credit risk, monitors the invoicing process and lags in billing and/or payment and identifies and implements process improvements to increase efficiency and minimize loss
- Site Specific: Partners with internal resources to manage the carrier billing and claims process, monitors the invoicing process and lags in billing and/or payment, serves as a point of escalation and decision making, and identifies and implements process improvements to increase efficiency
- Possesses a broad understanding of the products, services, resources and technologies and leverages those appropriately to
o Identify opportunities
o Drive sales growth with new and existing customers
o Establish new supply chains and business models
o Optimize client solutions
- Partners with legal to oversee contract management, negotiates, understands and discusses contracts with customers/carriers (as required)
- Site Specific: Seeks opportunities to strengthen and maintain existing relationships with strategic customers. Analyzes a defined set of customers’ businesses to identify strategic opportunities, manage challenges, and provide guidance to sales, account management, and operations teams
- Site Specific: Drives best practices in sales and account management by leveraging and reinforcing the tools and strategies to facilitate more strategic selling and account relationships by focusing on customer motivations and their desired outcomes.
- Site Specific: Supports sales growth by participating in and/or ensuring the regular completion of pipeline reviews, sales management reviews (SMRs), account management reviews (AMRs), customer business reviews, RFI/RFP bid processes, etc.
- Site Specific: Partners with carrier centers and other internal stakeholders to ensure collaboration, quality execution, issue escalation and resolution, etc. to meet customer expectations
- Site Specific: Accountable for implementing and reviewing carrier relationship strategies including fostering, retaining and growing strategic carrier relationships
- Site Specific: Identifies gaps and implements improvements in carrier-facing programs (i.e. CAP)
- Site Specific: Partners with customer-facing teams and Global Account Centers to create account specific capacity strategies, establish new supply chains and business models, manage challenges, develop high level client relationships, participate in customer presentations/communications, and ensure quality execution
- Site Specific: Ensures participation in strategic carrier procurement strategies (i.e. Drop Trailer, Navisphere procurement, RFP bid process, etc.) partnering with shared services, and supporting the customer sales and committed capacity process to provide quality coverage options
- Manages the performance and development of direct reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training and developmental tools
- Assesses, calibrates, and manages talent, leveraging analytics and observation to align roles and resources appropriately, focuses on and advocates for individual and team development, career pathing and succession planning
- Manages the team’s reward and recognition strategies, including appropriate and consistent compensation administration, planning cyclical bonus and/or commission payments, year-end compensation planning, periodic compensation adjustments as necessary, and implementing other general employee recognition activities
- Reviews employee engagement measures and implements action plans to improve culture, engagement, and collaboration
- Oversees and adheres to workplace conduct, risk management and compliance practices within the office/capacity center including regulatory compliance, responding to internal audit requests, and implementing process changes as necessary
- Creates, updates, and implements business continuity plans, including risk assessment, customer and employee impacts, issues and solutions, and clearly communicates to appropriate parties
- Responsible for oversight of logistics and facilities management for the office/capacity center
- Ensures self and team acts with the highest ethical standards by setting and communicating expectations, adhering to internal trading policies to increase quality, service, and velocity
- Cascades communications to employees across multiple locations as appropriate, including information on organizational or divisional initiatives, announcements, etc.
- Visibly leads and supports change management including active involvement in communication, implementation, and reinforcement
- Actively leads and/or participates in various industry, community and campus activities to enhance the brand
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% (domestically)
- Strong knowledge of the company’s carrier, commercial-facing and/or customer-facing business, including a solid understanding of carrier focused analytics
- Experience managing financials for a business segment
- Ability to understand and communicate financial metrics, including P & L
- Demonstrated success generating revenue or business growth in a client-facing role with sales, account management, or carrier management experience
- Broad market and industry knowledge, and vertical expertise (if applicable)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Proficiency presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Genalyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give Genalyn a message for feedback on your application.