Global Forwarding Agents
Our client is a global player in the logistics and transportation services sector, headquartered in the United States. It has a long history, with roots dating back over a century. Over the years, it has evolved into one of the world’s largest third-party logistics (3PL) providers, serving a diverse clientele.
They offer a comprehensive range of services designed to facilitate the efficient movement of goods throughout the supply chain. It serves as an intermediary between shippers and transportation providers, offering a variety of transportation options, including road, rail, ocean, and air freight, as well as intermodal solutions.
They are now looking for Global Forwarding Agents to join their team in Manila, Philippines.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Global Forwarding Service Provider (GFSP) is responsible for managing and operating the shipment lifecycle for their assigned accounts. They are responsible to ensure customer requirements are met and answered accurately and timely. They are accountable for executing and overseeing tasks for each shipment in addition to daily communication, reporting, and email management. The GFSP assumes ownership of their accounts’ success.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo.
- Understand and input applicable financial components of shipments to generate correct billing for customers.
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally.
- Execute/Coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all customer SOP requirements: booking approvals, processing pre-alerts, governmental filings, executing delivery, ensuring proper invoicing, etc.
- Create, maintain, and update shipments in Navisphere, ensuring accurate data.
- Full understanding of pricing. Provides quotes based on needs of customer and network.
- Provides track and trace service to customers and generates shipment documents.
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Builds great relationships with customers, responding timely and following up on issue resolution.
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers/Agents, the company’s offices, and Outside Vendors
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members.
- Participate, as needed, in new customer implementations and business meetings.
- Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Work according to the company, local and global laws, regulations, and procedures
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Degree and above
- Minimum 3 years of Global Forwarding experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Site Specific: Fluent in Professional English (written and verbal)
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in related field
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics, or International Business
- Knowledge and experience with customs procedures and formalities (customs clearance, bonded transports)
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service skills and follow up to be utilized with customers and the network.
- Proven track record of dealing with customers and being client focused.
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment.
- Ability to influence the lifecycle shipping process.
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Genalyn at email@example.com
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give Genalyn a message for feedback on your application.