Freight Forwarding Manager
Our client is a leader in providing safe and efficient stevedoring services for a wide range of cargo types, including break bulk, bulk products, and containers. Join an organisation that blends innovation, efficiency, and a commitment to sustainability
If you’re passionate about the maritime industry, eager to be a part of a forward-thinking team, and committed to sustainable practices, this is the place for you. Apply now and be a part of our dynamic and growing organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the freight forwarding operations in a safe, productive, and cost-effective manner. You will be focused on strategizing and assisting to build the new branch of our business. By building positive relationships with stakeholders including customers, authorities, and other external bodies, you will uphold and enhance our reputation.
- Identify, target and secure new business.
- Work with support services team to design and implement standard operating procedures for a new business.
- Maintain effective, positive communication with customers to ensure their needs are met, queries responded to in a timely manner and issues dealt with promptly.
- Facilitate growth of the group by engaging with existing and potential clients.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to measure and track cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets in all projects.
- Negotiate rate and service agreements with prospects and service providers.
- Develop annual budget and manage budgetary and financial reporting requirements.
- Lead and ensure health, safety, and environment requirements.
- Identify opportunities for growth and improvement to meet budgets and targets for company.
- Ensure compliance of all relevant policies, procedures, and processes.
- Liaise professionally with customers, and stakeholders.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Senior professional with substantial experience in Transport, Logistics, or related disciplines. Ideally, to supplement your experience, you hold tertiary qualifications within business, logistics or other relevant fields.
- Leadership and management experience within project freight forwarding will allow you to manage the internal and external client relationships and deliver exceptional outcomes for the group.
- Can negotiate effectively with a broad variety of stakeholders and your excellent communication skills assist you to motivate, develop and lead your team to positively contribute to business goals and objectives.
- Wind & Solar Farm project experience is desirable.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org call 0433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on 0433422980.