Finance Team Leader
Our client is the largest metal refinery that operates in Queensland, Australia. They are a significant part of the local economy and community that employs more than 350 staff and contractors.
Their refinery was built in 1996 by an Australian subsidiary of the world’s leading producer of zinc, lead, and silver.
Be part of the company that commits to becoming the safest, most environmentally responsible and competitive refinery in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To facilitate, direct, assist and coordinate the team responsible for the preparation of financial and statutory reporting of group entities. Along with preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet the expectations of key stakeholders in making well inform decisions.
- Responsible in managing the team’s workload and responsibilities in assisting in meeting expectations of the role and team.
- Preparation of the financial and statutory accounts of group entities.
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements of group entities.
- Preparation of fixed asset register.
- Preparation of monthly GL reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly financial analysis.
- Preparation and review of monthly GL reconciling.
- Review business activity statements.
- Review and approving any journal adjustments.
- Preparation financial forecasts.
- Preparation of Budget package.
- Cashflow management.
- Account Receivable and Account Payables management
- Financing and compliance for loans and bank guarantees.
- Prepare Ad hoc reports for key stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Provide assistance and mentoring to other members of the team.
- Provide and maintain a work environment that promotes workplace health and safety and good environmental practice.
- Relevant legislation including the Work Health & Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act and Environmental Authority complied with.
- Systems of work where risks have been evaluated and addressed as appropriate are in order.
- Plant and equipment (including monitoring equipment) maintained fit for purpose.
- Hazardous substances and dangerous goods safely used, handled, stored, transported and risk assessed.
- Employees consulted with, informed, trained, and supervised relative to their role and any safety and environmental exposures; and
- Timely action taken on all hazards and incidents to minimise harm, loss, or damage, providing prompt reporting, timely investigation and corrective action with effective controls addressing root causes.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Tertiary Qualification in Business/Accounting.
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) or similar qualification
- Knowledge of large integrated financial systems (ERP systems)
- Strong understanding of the industries the group entities operate in
- High level knowledge of relevant legislation and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- High level communication skills.
- High level data entry skills.
- High level numerical skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to manage large volumes of data in a systematic way.
- Good Excel skills to manage and analyse data.
- Over ten (10) years’ experience in the accounting field.
- Experience in managing or mentoring people.
- Demonstrated capacity to promote and uphold company and values, including discretion and confidentiality.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61409090434.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61409090434.