Strategic Business Development Manager
Our client was founded in 1995 with the goal of becoming Australia’s most trusted provider of logistics management solutions.
They specialise in logistics management supporting over 80 leading brands across multiple categories, both in Australia and abroad.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Business Development Manager to join their team in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane.
The successful candidate will:
- Accountable for the delivery of the new business annual target
- Budget Revenue and gross margin
- Maintain weekly lead generation focus.
- Project manage the implementation/on-boarding process for new customers.
- Compliance to CRM re: pipeline, on-boarding, and implementation
- Responsible for the handover process of the Customer/Account to the dedicated Account Manager
- Contract/commercials for customers and suppliers
- Enhance sales capability throughout the business.
- Filter qualified and substantiated sales prospects through to the GM – Business Solutions
- Contributing to maintaining the Sales Revenue and portfolio of the customer
- Overall understanding of Sales, Finance, Billing, Business Analysis and Quality Control along with the ways in which these areas impact upon the day- to-day service provided to each of its customers.
- Projects as directed by the GM – Business Solutions
- Successful deployment of sales strategy
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in a Business Development or Account Management role
- Strong experience in cultivating a sale’s pipeline.
- Experience working to KRA’s/ targets.
- A track record of adapting and dealing with ever- changing conditions presented by account stakeholders.
- Proven experience in managing relationships and being an advocate for the customer.
- Ability to work through complex business matters and come to sound judgments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Comply with legislative COR and OHS requirements and related company policies.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Transport and Logistics or marketing is highly desirable.
- Understanding the importance of delivering an exceptional customer experience to retain and attract customers.
- Understanding best practice in sales: Operating rhythm, Negotiations, Presentations
- Sound knowledge of Australian Logistics Industry
- Excellent knowledge of multi-modal Transport equipment and supply chain design capabilities
- Good understanding of carton, palletised and bulk freight handling procedures
- Extensive knowledge of the Freight Industry
- Scoping projects
- Presenting complex information in a clear manner (written and verbal)
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Develop strong relationships within the business and their existing and prospective
- Develop strong relationships with their existing and prospective Suppliers.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment at all levels.
- Prepare & collaborate with key internal stakeholders to present client solutions for each new business opportunity utilizing the company costing model.
- Passionate for the customer
- Resolution orientated.
- Team orientated.
- Clear and comprehensive communication
- Thrives under a time pressured environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Time management and organisational skills
- Effective communicator
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Continuous improvement focus
- Influence others based on logic, data and the objective merits of a situation and anticipating the feelings, needs and concerns of others.
- Great energy and strong people management skills
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on number +61433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61433422980.