ABOUT THE ROLE
To lead the team to ensure smooth daily warehouse operations to meet the customer needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure strict adherence to WHS compliance and vigorously promote a culture of safety.
- Recommend improved operating policies and processes, ensuring current processes are maintained and reflect best practice operations.
- Responsible for process continuous improvement, root cause analysis of problems and audits performance.
- Encourage team flexibility and backup through competency development, skills training and leadership development.
- Maintain a high-level standard of warehouse cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy through process controls of inbound and inventory control functions.
- Maintain and oversee all inventory related activities, including: Cycle counts, location audits, management of damages and reworks.
- Ensure highest standard of delivery in and outbound operations, including: Daily pick volumes, staging and loading of vehicles.
- Oversee all inbound activities and ensure completion within allotted windows, including: Containers, linehaul in and out, and cartage
- Maximise efficiencies and cost control through the effective management of labour planning, branch hours, agency labour overtime and absenteeism.
- Ongoing preparation of operational and capital expenditure budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain and monitor all MHE and ensure appropriate vehicles are available to service excessive volumes.
- Optimise customer service levels, ensuring they are met or exceeded.
- Optimise the efficiencies of process automation including Goods to Person systems and autonomous MHE.
- Responsible for managing labour hire providers at an operational level.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Exposure to cold chain logistics.
- Exposure to life sciences/pharma.
- Proficient English and native second language ideal (preferably Mandarin or Korean).
- Minimum 15-year Logistics / Supply Chain experience.
- Commercially astute.
- Industry awareness.
- Numerical – any previous budgeting skills will be an advantage.
- Understanding of what drives cost in DC operations.
- PC and systems literate e.g., ERP; MS Office, WMS systems.
- Excellent analytical skills. Previous experience of reporting and analysing costs.
- Broad thinking – ability to think beyond own area of responsibility.
- Adaptability– ability to switch from day-to-day issues management to strategic thinking.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills.
- Ability to work x-functionally and as part of a team.
- Data literate, structured thinker.
- Systems literate.
- Strong communications skills
- Oversee day to day operations of a technology lead cold chain facility
- Exciting career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary on offer
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application and/or email your resume to email@example.com or call +61409090434.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61409090434.