Head of Logistics
Be part of our client’s diverse team and experience working for a . a global leader in transport, logistics and freight forwarding. Feel secure in your role knowing you are working for a business that’s been in operation for over 40 years. Employing over 1500+ individuals and having offices in over 13 different countries; rest assure that this is a company you can continue building on your career with.
They have access the world’s most significant trade routes throughout New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Europe and the USA and have a fully integrated, end-to-end business model, including sea and air freight, import and export, wharf transport, customs, and warehousing solutions that help client businesses forward.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Logistics to join their team in Sydney.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the warehouse operations, customer order fulfilment functions and associated processes/procedures.
- Supply first class service, both internally, to all areas of the business and externally to their customers and suppliers.
- To develop and maintain a clear and scalable logistics strategy to support the growth of the business through development and implementation of business plans designed to enhance profitability and improve operations.
- Lead and develop staff relationships and third-party labour hire to ensure safe product handling and ensure WH&S safe work practices are adhered to.
- Implement appropriate recruitment, training, promotion, culture, staff development and teaming activities in respect of warehouse operational positions.
- Actively participate in tenders, sales support within a full-service freight forwarding / custom / warehouse environment.
- Manage and maintaining relations of 3PL customs whilst also soliciting and implementation new 3PL customers.
- Use prudent and aggressive financial and resource management in order to ensure that warehouse operations maximize its profit within operational and business constraints and in accordance with company culture and objectives.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Warehouse management experience (3PL preferred)
- Advanced understanding of WMS systems (Manhattan, SAP, Paperless)
- Demonstrated initiative in improving processes and contributing ideas to the business
- Strong personnel management skills – ability to lead, manage, motivate, and develop people
- Practical understanding of employment legislation and industrial relations issues
- Ability to build working relationships and networks with internal and external resources
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and experienced in working within financial and budgetary controls
- Strong Microsoft knowledge: outlook, word, excel, etc
- Goal driven with strong attention to detail
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61433422980.