Our client manufactures metal closures for leading brands in the wine, beer, and beverage industries in Australia. Their products are certified to the highest possible international industry standards, indicating that excellence is at the heart of their business. They take pride in producing excellent packaging that works in a variety of context.
In their business, you will have the opportunity to work with their state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, an incredible team, and the best practices in the industry.
They also invest in technologies that reduce their carbon footprint, so this is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to environmental protection.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner to join their team in Melbourne.
The position of the Production Planner is to complete the planning and scheduling of all manufacturing processes to achieve the customer product requirements. This considers the capacity planning, labour planning, the overall efficiencies and maintaining an optimum DIFOT to the customers. This will also involve working with Customer forecast.
The role must have a thorough understanding of the manufacturing processes and their linked relationship to achieve required product in a timely manner. As well as that there must be an understanding of the key labour skills which can act as a constraint in the business.
As the key person responsible for the system to manage and control production it is expected that this Production Planner will understand the AX, SFOL system at an administration level to support the operators on the shopfloor.
Most importantly the Production Planner will know the customers’ requirements in detail for the goods they are ordering along with the date requirements and specifications in such a manner that they will be able to achieve the best possible Delivery on Time in Full.
The successful candidate will:
- Be involved in production planning and scheduling of printing, coating, and metal press manufacturing processes.
- Set up new products in ERP system.
- Plan and procure key raw materials both domestic and imported.
- Control inventory reporting of raw materials to provide accurate records.
- Report on adherence and delivery performance.
- Liaise with key customers on meeting delivery requirements.
- Track production schedules against planned deliveries.
- Provide support to key internal stakeholders
- Assist with long term planning and strategic sourcing.
- Effectively manage raw materials to maximize production.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Business/Supply Chain or related field.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Very strong Excel skills.
- An organized structured approach to problem solving.
- Experience with a manufacturing company is desirable.
- Ability to work with multiple key stakeholders.
- Experience with major ERP systems (MS Dynamics or equivalent).
- Must have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Must have a very good attention to detail.
- Must be system proficient with AX and SFOL.
- Proficient in Excel Spreadsheet.
- High level of understanding the impact of Information Technology on the business.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be presentable and professional to deal with customer interactions in a stressful environment.
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff to achieve agreeable outcomes.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on number +61433422980.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61433422980.