Our client is a family-run customs broker and international freight forwarding agent. They have offices in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Italy, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Valencia.
Along with their extensive network of knowledgeable partners, they take into account all local laws and circumstances to guarantee that your cargo will be unloaded, customs cleared, and delivered without a hitch.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Branch Manager to join their team in Sydney.
The successful candidate will:
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally with staff, clients, and suppliers.
- Commercially astute to drive operational and customer service excellence.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to all customers, including problem solving and resolution of customer complaints.
- Understand how to streamline processes for maximum efficiency.
- Effectively communicate to ensure the team are aware of the strategic direction.
- Prepare tenders as required.
- Quote and pricing.
- Final invoicing.
- Ensure billing and job management is consistent with SOP’s.
- Manage WIP’s and accruals.
- Engage & empower people to perform and achieve personal and company goals.
- Create and maintain SOPs to ensure transparency and consistency in procedures.
- Conduct analysis to identify areas of improvement.
- Develop and implement plans to improve operational and financial performance in managing costs.
- Client visits as required.
- Provide customer support as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Minimum 5 years branch management experience in the freight forwarding industry preferred.
- Import and export air and sea operations experience.
- High level knowledge using CargoWise software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Good people management skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Small team environment.
- Work with a supportive and collaborative National management team.
- Job stability and overall job satisfaction for the right person.
- Manage and operate the branch with a strong sense of ownership and leadership.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please submit your application and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61433422980 on number.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61433422980.