Business Development Director NZ
Our client is the leading business transformation consultancy in Asia-Pacific. They have the supply chain knowledge and skills to transform businesses with end-to-end supply chain solutions across Australia and Asia.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director to join their team in Auckland CBD.
About the Role
The core responsibility for this role is generating new business opportunities for the business in addition to establishing meaningful leads and acquiring new clients to grow the business in New Zealand. You will focus on building and maintaining successful long-term relationships, understanding their needs and partner with them to achieve results.
The successful candidate will:
- Support new business across the supply chain, freight and logistics, design, property and project and programme management service streams.
- Adopt a team approach to all meetings jointly presenting with relevant Supply Chain, Projects, and Commercial experts and as early in the new business cycle possible.
- Leverage existing relationships to drive top line and support existing engagements to build capability.
- Help deliver bid responses and customer collateral.
- Identify and build strong, long-term relationships with major companies within New Zealand and leverage those existing relationships in other markets, namely Australia and Asia.
- Identify and foster new clients locally, nationally.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior Business Development role.
- Experience in team management and leadership.
- Experience selling either contract logistics services or advisory services.
- Outstanding, developed negotiation skill.
- Adaptive and solutions focused sales skills set.
- Solid understanding of the New Zealand market and trends that will support deeper engagement.
- Strong presentation and sales skills.
- Microsoft Office Skills including PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and visual presentation.
- Logical and lateral thinker.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to ensure all priorities and multiple deadlines are met.
- A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces innovation.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal.
Character & Values
- Understand how your behaviours impact on business outcomes.
- Understand your own strengths and weaknesses, as well as your impact on others.
- Comfortable persuading, promoting, and delegating.
- Effectively communicate vision and goals, align the efforts in others, and build commitment at all levels.
- Learning Agility:
- Embrace disruption, prioritise, and support personal development.
- Personal development is prioritised and encouraged, know when a change is needed and be bold enough to make it.
- Change Endurance
- Champion for change.
- Maintain the appetite for needed change, build resilience in others, communicate, collaborate, and commit.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please submit your application and/or email your resume to email@example.com or call +61409090434 on number.
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfill the above criteria and have working rights in location.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time on +61409090434.