Our client designs, builds and delivers supply chain, omnichannel and inventory software to support sales. They were founded in 1990, they have over 1200+ global customers and have spent over $650 million in R&D between 2009 and 2020.
They have over 3,400 employees world-wide with core markets in Retail, Wholesale, Consumer Goods, Food and Beverage, Manufacturing, Medical and Pharmaceutical, Third-Party Logistics, Carrier, Government.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join their team in Tokyo, Japan.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and execute the territory marketing plan as approved by Global Marketing.
- Undertake demand generation to build a viable pipeline to support sales targets.
- Build and maintain effective partnership with local management and sales teams to execute short- and long-term strategy plans according to global direction and local market needs.
- Measure and report to Global Marketing the territory marketing objectives and results.
- Manage local website content, ensuring accuracy and relevance to market, and optimising traffic to site.
- Support local PR strategy and tactics as set out by International PR Director and Global Communications strategy.
- Identify and develop local customer case studies and other content.
- Create local sales tools in accordance with Global Marketing brand standards.
- Manage country marketing database integrity, CRM campaign management, target account profiling, and marketing reporting.
- Work closely with Global Marketing and local sales organisation to ensure the alignment of marketing and sales in support of territory sales goals, brand consistency, and strategic marketing needs.
- In conjunction with Global Alliance Marketing, work with Alliance partners to gain support for local marketing programs.
- Leverage Global Marketing resources, campaigns, and marketing assets to best use for local market.
- Organise execute Tradeshows, Seminars, and User/prospect Conferences.
- Create, execute, and measure market awareness activity including e-marketing, direct marketing, and telemarketing.
- Adhere to Global marketing measurement and reporting procedures, submitting detailed monthly analysis on time, and interacting weekly with APAC Marketing Director for guidance.
- Manage all activity within budget allocated as part of Global Marketing investment.
- Be an ambassador of the brand.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Prior B2B sales and marketing experience preferred
- 5+ years as a marketing professional, preferably in the technology/ software environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills (in both Japanese and English)
- Ability in developing and maintaining effective partnerships with internal and external customers and partners
- Results oriented and able to manage pressure, and meet tight deadline
- Experience in telemarketing and lead generation through outbound activity
- Excellent project management skills
- Possess the highest level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism
- Familiar with local marketing channels to react quickly in a fast-paced high-growth environment
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Possess ability to effectively work as part of a Global Marketing team, with remote direct supervision. Must be able to adhere to Global standards and strategy while interpreting execution effectively for the Japan business
- Must proactively present ideas and programs to marketing team leadership
- Able to work in a multi-national environment with strong cultural awareness
- Quick learner – ability to gain strong understanding of solutions and overall business in a reasonable short timeframe
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar qualifications is required
- Supply Chain / Omni-channel industry experience is a preferred
- Experience working in a US multi-national company with a matrix report line
- Experience working with domestic Japanese organisations
- Experience of using e-marketing tools and knowledge of e-mail campaign execution
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Jerrin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Japan.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.