Our client is a specialised logistics company based in Switzerland with offices in Asia, the USA, Brazil and Germany. Since 1997, they’ve been providing ocean freight and logistics services for demanding global clients, whilst controlling the operational and administrative handling of transports.
A great part of their business is focused on the provision of ocean freight services for commodity industries. For example – they’re the world’s largest ocean freight provider to the coffee industry. That said, more than half of their global volumes now comes from FAK activities.
Our client is currently strong on the Far East Westbound/Eastbound (EU) routes, Far East Latam (South America) route & would like to be stronger on the Far East Southbound/Northbound (Oceania) routes.
They’ve established Asia presence with a Shanghai office in 2019 to expand our network & services within the Asian region. We have since grown to three (3) offices within China. The Shanghai, Shenzhen & Qingdao offices provide a full range of logistics services, including origin & value added services, tailored for our Commodity Supplies network, key accounts & agent network.
- Find and manage a pipeline of accounts through the entire sales lifecycle from lead qualification through final sales and ongoing maintenance/upsell.
- To drive sales activities for Oceania by developing a thorough understanding of the current and prospective customer’s supply chain needs and recommending solutions which help drive their growth and success.
- Collaborate and partner with internal and external stakeholders in building and strengthening the brand in the ANZ market, resolving customer issues, sharing best practices and developing tailored proposals that meet customer’s needs.
- You will be responsible for developing deep and broad relationships at accounts by a consistent calling effort including meetings, social events, emails, and calls.
- Identify and develop strategic alliances with key third party influencers.
- Following up on key accounts and expansion of contacts within existing accounts to generate new sales opportunities.
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing customers and proactively engage in discussions for additional offerings to support their needs for business growth and success.
- Lead expert-level business development activities including establishing relationships with prospects at Senior Leadership level and other key representatives through prospecting and marketing.
- Ensure maximum customer reference for sales through quality of delivery and relationship management.
- Ability to execute Tenders / RFQ’s whereby our client participates.
- Direct Tender / RFQ Management for corporate / local sales leads.
- Manage Spot rate procurement for Asia / Oceania Commercial / local sales leads.
- Actively promote Cargoo to current and prospective clients.
- Work with & involve in direct booking / IT activities of the group, working closely with the Australia & China operations teams.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong sales with a background in FAK.
- Experience in air freight, bulk charter or imports will be highly regarded.
- 10 years of work experience (minimum)
- 10 years of overall industry experience (minimum)
- With more than 50% of that time, working within a global freight forwarding and logistics company.
- International working experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or above degree.
- Strong ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Focus on customer service as a core value, increasing operational efficiencies and setting and monitoring high standards of quality while taking necessary steps to retain and improve customer relationships.
- Influence and negotiate.
- Have a startup mindset, to match with our fast growing company environment.
- Has strong negotiation and commercial skills, thinks analytically and is skilled at identifying business opportunities and setting respective strategies.
- Skillful communication with internal, inter-company and external clients.
- Communicate and network using advanced inter-personal skills
- High degree of customer service orientation and precise working methods.
- Timely email reply manner, which shall be clear and concise at all times.
- Is result oriented and places great emphasis on customer focus
- Have the sense and responsibility regarding work.
- Flexibility and resilience.
- Good team spirit.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Tony Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, A culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have full Australian work rights.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.