Manager – Planning
Our client is a global leading consultancy that offers innovative digital and supply chain solutions. They work with some of the most leading brands and have strong presence in Asia Pacific region, including offices in Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand, and in the UK and USA.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Manager to join their team in Melbourne. Apply now and be part of the force shaping the future of global business transformation.
About the role
Accountable for providing leadership and technical expertise spanning key aspects in a retail planning consulting business: project delivery and leadership, stakeholder engagement, business development, intellectual property development/codification, project coach & team development, recruitment, and talent ID.
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for delivering the project, client, commercial and practice outcomes from projects and/or workstreams lead and managed.
- Effective allocation and time management of self and project resources to balance workload with capacity to produce agreed project deliverables within agreed timeframes to required standards and quality.
- Accurate and timely forecasting and recording of time spent on clients, projects and tasks by self and project team members to enable correct, revenue forecasting, invoicing, planning and profitability analysis.
- Informs and consults LED and/or PM to assist in managing client expectations, keeping them informed of risks, issues, progress, and variations.
- Effectively manages operational, commercial, or reputational risks across projects, escalating any issues identified to the LED/PM, as appropriate.
- Ensures all allocated projects close out procedures are followed, including invoicing, 3-way reviews, IP harvesting and archival.
- Supports the recruitment, training, development, and retention of high performing talent, including graduates and junior team members.
- Coaches and develops project teams members and coachees in required skills, competencies, and behaviors
- Provides timely, constructive, and honest feedback and input to staff coaching conversations and performance reviews.
- Contributes to and drives a high performing, proactive, collegiate, and empowered team-based culture within the business.
- Supports and drives well-being, inclusivity, leadership, and diversity within teams and across practice.
- Develops and supports the creation, standardization and continuous improvement of methods, tools, accelerators, content, and collateral
- Leads and/or contributes to the development of effective client project bids and proposals.
- Contributes, collates and curates content including standardized approaches, frameworks and compelling client case studies for client proposals.
- Establishes and builds relationships with current and new clients to support client growth and new business development.
- Actively identifies, supports, and pursues new business opportunities with existing and new clients, including actively pursuing on-sell and cross sell opportunities from current engagements with the support of LEDs/AD’s or other service line leaders.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Planning experience in a consulting practice, leading, and supporting the delivery of business projects and initiatives
- Experience in a Merchandise or Inventory Planning role
- Strong understanding of Merchandise and Inventory Planning Processes, with a demonstrated ability to implement and continually improve.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills, even when issues are complex and ambiguous.
- Strong commercial acumen, with knowledge and experience interpreting business financial statements and developing project business cases.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder engagement and management.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, working with senior leadership levels.
- A self-starter with capability to work independently and develop oneself and others professionally within a business.
- Well-developed and effective negotiating skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Analytics (e.g., PowerBI/Tableau)
Character & Values
- Strategic and commercial mindset: Ability to deliver strong commercial results that align with strategic priorities.
- Innovation, Insight and Quality: Leverages technical and behavioural excellence to offer innovative insights and sustainable solutions.
- Client relationships & market growth: Builds and maintains supportive networks, listens to client challenges, and converts opportunities to services.
- Communication & influence: Highly competent communicator and presenter with the ability to influence others and deal with ambiguity.
- Leading self & others: Promotes diversity of thinking and psychological safety. Has a commitment to ongoing professional development.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at email@example.com
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.