Our client is an Australian, independently owned and operated, international supply chain management specialist with decades of experience across multiple industry sectors, providing end-to-end logistic solutions. They offer their customers a comprehensive portfolio of value-added supply chain solutions including 3PL warehousing and distribution, ocean and airfreight forwarding, customs clearance and sophisticated IT systems and tracking services.
They now have an exciting opportunity for an Outbound Supervisor to join their team in Sydney.
- To oversee that each carton/pallet in an order is correctly labelled for the destination. That orders requiring packing are checked against order and packed to meet carrier and customer requirements.
- Supervise the packing, checking and despatch activities and performance of staff.
- Ensure that customers SOPs are followed.
- Each day assess following days’ workload and together with Warehouse Operations Manager arrange required labour resource for the following day.
- To ensure all picked cartons/pallets are correctly identified, labelled, and have packing lists enclosed, before hand over to Despatch Team for consigning and load out.
- Monitor daily productivity of each Team Member and take appropriate action with both staff and process to ensure performance benchmarks are met.
- Readily comply with Customer Service requests for action & information.
- Undertake any other warehouse related tasks as directed by the Warehouse Operations Manager.
- Be alert to any stock integrity issues, quickly rectify, determine cause, advise Picking Supervisor of correct process to ensure issue is not ongoing.
- Ensure the Despatch Team takes responsibility for stock from the time it is brought to Despatch Area until it is signed off by driver of pick-up transport.
- Assist the Customer Service Team to resolve any carrier billing disputes caused by consigning errors.
- To follow the procedure that ensures all orders scheduled for despatch are on the dock so that no orders remain uncollected on any day.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years warehouse operations, 12 months as a Team Leader
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with RF scanners
- Comfortable using Word, emails, and a WMS system
- Capable of leading Teams up to 10 staff
- Capable at “on-the-job” training of casuals
Character & Values
- You will be proactive and forward thinking to anticipate the needs of your customers.
- You will be motivated by achieving best staff and customer performance
- Firm but fair approach
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to (and enjoy) build relationships at all levels and you will enjoy working at a fast pace.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at email@example.com
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.