Customer Service Representative
Our client is an Australian, independently owned and operated, international supply chain management specialist with decades of experience across multiple industry sectors, providing end-to-end logistic solutions. They offer their customers a comprehensive portfolio of value-added supply chain solutions including 3PL warehousing and distribution, ocean and airfreight forwarding, customs clearance and sophisticated IT systems and tracking services.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Representative in Melbourne.
- Maintain close contact with every client in your portfolio and probe for any concerns and issues
- Prepare and process inbound and outbound orders for your client portfolio as per company procedures
- Ensure speedy answering of all incoming calls to the Customer Service Dept.
- Be the initial contact point for your assigned customer portfolio
- Ensure all client Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) & processes are met
- Visit Customers to investigate issues and to build business relationships when/if required
- Act as an additional support to other Customer Service Staff when required i.e.: short term leave & peak periods
- Assist Finance dept. with data for customer invoice preparation & enquires
- Where a client requires services outside their current SOP, create a job card which includes agreed billing arrangements
- Report any client irregularities to management
- Manage any customer complaints within your assigned customer portfolio, escalate any complaints to management which cannot be resolved.
- Identify any cost cutting opportunities available.
- Identify and report on any additional revenue generating opportunities
- Ensure that all client information in all current systems (i.e.: Manhattan/FSC) are maintained and up to date
- Run weekly stock on hand report and control manual count sheets for storage billing
- Have input into achieving efficiency/productivity/accuracy gain
- Ensure you keep up to date on all services provided by company and the SOPs of your allocated clients.
- Assist National Accounts Manager with gathering monthly KPI data for your allocated clients
- Process any returns as per company procedures
- Arrange Transport for orders where required
- Arrange inter company stock transfers as required and in accordance with company procedures
- Send out completed paperwork to clients as per their KPI. E.g.: completed picks/transfer declarations/receipt reports etc.
- Promptly raise any quality and/or safety concerns with your manager or OH&S
- Work safely and promote safety within the company and your Team.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have a good telephone manner
- Must be obliging, having a desire to help
- Proactive approach to daily tasks
- Competent in Microsoft Office software
- Must have 12 months’ experience in Customer Service
- Demonstrated user skills in a Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of obligations under the OH&S Act 2004
- Skilled in the use of other Microsoft Software programs
- Capacity to identify minor works for safety/maintenance purposes
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at email@example.com
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.