Our client is an Australian, independently owned and operated, international supply chain management specialist with decades of experience across multiple industry sectors, providing end-to-end logistic solutions. They offer their customers a comprehensive portfolio of value-added supply chain solutions including 3PL warehousing and distribution, ocean and airfreight forwarding, customs clearance and sophisticated IT systems and tracking services.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Despatch Coordinator to join their team in Sydney.
- To take responsibility for stock from time it is brought to despatch area by picking staff until delivered/handed off with a POD.
- To consign freight only with prepared or Client specified carriers for despatch out of the facility.
- To accurately record in FMS (Freight Management System) all outbound full consignments. Details of items sent weights, destination, and service type of all-cargo from the Warehouse to be recorded.
- Co-ordinate packing of all orders/requests for invoices etc.
- To work with our carriers and picking team, to ensure daily cut-off times for despatch of cargo are met.
- To have all despatch shipments and functions area controlled within the designated area of the Warehouse so that daily cargos can be made to ensure all cargo intended for despatch each day has gone.
- Ensure house pallets never leave the warehouse.
- Manage weekly reconciling of pallet “Chep” and “Loscam” have all been transferred to ensure no pallets are ever lost.
- Any other warehouse related tasks relevant to the despatch process as directed by the Operations Manager/Site Manager.
- Participate in and abide by all OH&S guidelines and that you are in compliance to HR Policies and Standards of Behaviour.
- Ensure all Despatch paperwork is returned to Warehouse Administration by the end of each day.
- Work safely and promote safety within the company and your Team.
- Any other tasks as directed by supervisor or Manager.
- Ensure processes are in place/followed up so that all specified “in store dates” and times are known to carriers and followed up to ensure they are met when these are priority items.
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and organise job-related paperwork.
- Demonstrated good computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of obligations under the OH&S Act 2004.
- Manual Handling training.
- Training in work-specific software packages related to a warehouse environment.
- Capacity to identify minor works for safety/maintenance purposes.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.