Procurement Specialist/Category Manager
Our client, well known for their package seed line, was established in Auckland in the late 1800s. They now produce and distribute a wide variety of garden items. These include fertilizers, pesticides, garden supplies, seeds for lawns, and potting soil.
They are one of those long-established Australasian companies and has established itself as an integral part of Australian and New Zealand’s gardening history.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Specialist/Category Manager to join their team in Melbourne.
- Undertake negotiations with key suppliers and ensure that contracts are up to date
- Sourcing and supplier engagement in their product development process
- Act as the point of escalation for supplier issues
- Maintain supplier performance management
- Facilitate their access to new technologies from current and new suppliers
- Support the development of supplier capabilities
- Keep up to date with market changes (such as M&A) and ensure impact on them is understood and prepared for
- Able to interact with a wide range of supplier types (e.g., small local suppliers to large multinationals) and, through understanding supplier motivators, ensure best supply for them
- Manage key stakeholder relationships, define, and create procurement team’s strategic direction and KPIs
- Train and coach team members in all procurement tasks
- Provide regular feedback and conduct periodic performance reviews with team members
- Work with the S&S team to ensure that their supplier base is satisfactorily compliant with all applicable S&S standards
- Facilitate implementation of changes and developments in S&S standards required by supplier base
- Ensure that supply from third parties does not deviate from standard and/or present an unacceptable S&S risk to the business
- Manages supplier selection/tendering/negotiating activities
- Brings together suppliers and their supply chain team, including integrating of systems and manufacturing footprint optimisation (e.g., make vs buy analysis)
- Brings together suppliers and their technology team to enable exploration of available technologies and development opportunities
- Analyse data for the purpose of optimizing procurement performance
- Works closely with suppliers, and their technology and supply chain teams to ensure supply continuity, minimise disruption and minimise supply risk profile
- Identifies, initiates, and facilitates cross functional continuous improvement projects relating to supply strategies such cost saving projects
- In alignment with the Procurement Manager, select suppliers and manage projects that contribute to the value for money that Yates can extract from its supplier base
- Actively seek to minimize their total spend
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to motivate and influence others
- Active listening and clear communication skills
- Attention to detail and process adherence
- Ability to develop and document operating procedures
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Problem solving skills in a team environment
- Substantial experience in a procurement role
- Understanding of manufacture and distribution
- Ability to understand and monitor cost drivers across a wide range of material categories
- Needs to be vaccinated
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.