DC Manager NSW
Our client is a rapidly expanding global leader in power tools, accessories, hand tools, outdoor power equipment, and floorcare, as well as for DIY, professional, and industrial customers in the home improvement, repair, maintenance, construction, and infrastructure industries. They are committed to using cutting-edge, eco-friendly cordless technology to accelerate change in these industries.
They were established in 1985 and continue to have a strong portfolio of brands, a global production and product development presence, and a sound financial position.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a DC Manager to join their team in Sydney.
- Responsible for current warehouse operations for a rapidly growing FMCG business.
- Assume responsibility of a new state of the art 73,000 sqm automated DC currently under construction.
- Report directly to the GM with full ownership of DC Activities.
- Ensure strict adherence to WHS compliance and vigorously promote a culture of safety.
- Drive and lead the effective change of facilities mid 2023.
- Lead, motivate and develop a large operational Team.
- Recommend improved operating policies and processes, ensuring current processes are maintained and reflect best practice operations.
- Responsible for process continuous improvement, root cause analysis of problems and audits performance.
- Encourage team flexibility and backup through competency development, skills training and leadership development.
- Maintain a high-level standard of warehouse cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy through process controls of inbound and inventory control functions.
- Maintain and oversee all inventory related activities, including: Cycle counts, location audits, management of damages and reworks.
- Ensure highest standard of delivery in and outbound operations, including: Daily pick volumes, staging and loading of vehicles.
- Oversee all inbound activities and ensure completion within allotted windows, including: Containers, linehaul in and out, and cartage.
- Maximise efficiencies and cost control through the effective management of labour planning, branch hours, agency labour overtime and absenteeism. Ensure all hours are audited daily.
- Ongoing preparation of operational and capital expenditure budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain and monitor all MHE and ensure appropriate vehicles are available to service excessive volumes.
- Optimise customer service levels, ensuring they are met or exceeded.
- Optimise the efficiencies of process automation including Goods to Person systems and autonomous MHE.
- Responsible for managing labour hire providers at an operational level in NSW.
- Drive reviews of performance reports with Supervisors and Team Leads.
- Project manage and deliver on logistics transformation (inclusive of new technology: automation and Warehouse Management Systems).
- You will be a proven Operations/DC/Warehousing Manager with strong systems and an ideally a Tertiary Qualification in a relevant subject. You will have run a large FMCG Distribution Centre and hold strong experience with WMS Management and Automation.
Qualification & Skills
- Minimum 15-year Logistics/Supply Chain experience
- Proven experience in large automated distribution centres
- Commercially astute
- Industry awareness
- Numerical – any previous budgeting skills will be an advantage
- Understanding of what drives cost in Dc operations.
- PC and systems literate e.g., SAP; MS Office, WMS systems.
- Excellent analytical skills. Previous experience of reporting and analysing costs
- Broad thinking – ability to think beyond own area of responsibility.
- Adaptability– ability to switch from day-to-day issues management to strategic thinking.
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills.
- Ability to work x-functionally and as part of a team.
- Data literate, structured thinker.
- Systems literate.
- Strong communications skills
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.