Our client is a specialised logistics company based in Switzerland with offices in Asia, the USA, Brazil and Germany. Since 1997, they’ve been providing ocean freight and logistics services for demanding global clients, whilst controlling the operational and administrative handling of transports.
A great part of their business is focused on the provision of ocean freight services for commodity industries. For example – they’re the world’s largest ocean freight provider to the coffee industry. That said, more than half of their global volumes now comes from FAK
Our client is currently strong on the Far East Westbound/Eastbound (EU) routes, Far East Latam (South America) route & would like to be stronger on the Far East Southbound/Northbound (Oceania) routes.
They’ve established Asia presence with a Shanghai office in 2019 to expand our network & services within the Asian region. We have since grown to three (3) offices within China. The Shanghai, Shenzhen & Qingdao offices provide a full range of logistics services, including origin & value added services, tailored for our Commodity Supplies network, key accounts & agent network.
They’re now in the process to open an Australian office, where the Commercial Director would form an integral part We are now in the process to open an Australian office, where the Commercial Director would form an integral part of the launch & development of traffic on the Far East Southbound/Northbound (Oceania) routes & beyond.. This leader will be responsible for operations, procurement, partnerships and sales.
- Act as a ‘revenue manager’ for the business.
- Manage the maintenance & development of specific trade lanes.
- Generate new volumes for the group, via local/regional procurement, with alternates carriers.
- Support new business development.
- Steer price levels in line with client / business demands.
- Increase capacity, client involvement & profitability for the company.
- Contract and allocation / ocean freight capacity management for existing volumes & clients.
- Coordinate / carry out the commercial direction of the HQ commercial team within region.
- Optimize the Ocean Freight FCL efforts within trade lanes.
- Ensure targeted growth is achieved by coordinating the sales and procurement elements in a focused manner on strategically important trade lanes.
- Negotiate and contract carriers in region, in line with product and carrier strategy.
- Ensure effective supplier relationship and regular performance management of carriers.
- Act as the top-level contact between the business & carriers within the geographic region.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- 10 years of work experience (minimum)
- 10 years of overall industry experience (minimum)
- With more than 50% of that time, working within a global freight forwarding and logistics company.
- International working experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or above degree.
- Organize, including prioritizing, planning, assigning and controlling objectives.
- Focus on customer service as a core value, increasing operational efficiencies and setting and monitoring high standards of quality while taking necessary steps to retain and improve customer relationships.
- Influence and negotiate.
- Drive innovation, manage change and deal with ambiguity, devising effective management processes.
- Have a startup mindset, to match with our fast growing company environment.
- Has strong negotiation and commercial skills, thinks analytically and is skilled at identifying business opportunities and setting respective strategies.
- Skillful communication with internal, inter-company and external clients.
- Communicate and network using advanced inter-personal skills
- High degree of customer service orientation and precise working methods.
- Timely email reply manner, which shall be clear and concise at all times.
- Quick pick-up, understanding and commitment to always follow client specific and internal company work processes, SOPs and KPIs, whilst setting same for direct reports.
- Constant focus on Continuous Improvement, making recommendations for the improvement of client specific and internal company work processes, SOPs and KPIs.
- Is result oriented and places great emphasis on customer focus
- Have the sense and responsibility regarding work.
- Flexibility and resilience.
- Good team spirit.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Tony Richter at email@example.com
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, A culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have full Australian work rights.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.