Senior Transport Manager
Our client is a digital-first furniture lifestyle brand delivering to 54 metropolitan areas across the United States, Australia, and Singapore. They design and produce furniture with great aesthetics at a competitive price point, without compromising on quality. By cutting out the middleman and keeping inventory lean they can keep costs down and extend the savings to their customers.
Based in the Sydney office, the Senior Transportation Manager (AU) will play a key role in managing all inbound and delivery execution for the Australian market. You will be leading a team tasked with overseeing daily delivery operations whilst driving various initiatives to improve the process outcomes and efficiencies.
- Oversee daily operations, order management systems, order scheduling systems, and managing key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Manage and set up an efficient last-mile distribution network in Australia focused on delivery costs and service quality delivered in accordance with KPI targets
- Implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for key logistics processes in distribution hubs and third-party logistics (3PL) partners
- Manage reverse logistics in support of after-sales activities, including the return, restocking, re-selling, scrapping, and recycling of products
- Identify areas for improvements across our entire logistics chain, ranging from our internal tools and processes to 3PL SOPs and practices, balancing efficiency, cost, and service quality
- Manage and control all 3PL providers in accordance with service agreements. Lead periodic Operations Reviews (MBR, QBR) to review complaint logs, stock count results, and actual performance against agreed KPIs
- Source, evaluate, recommend, and sign new 3PL providers, including the design of RFIs, RFPs, and negotiation of terms
- Plan and ensure both our internal team and external 3PL operations have the capacity to fulfil KPI targets
- Manage and control logistics costs within all areas of remit, problem-solving areas that are outside normal parameters, and implementing corrective action plans and cost-saving measures
- Maintain current logistics and eCommerce industry-specific knowledge of the supply market, emerging players, cost, and service trends, amongst other industry-driving forces in Australia
- Work closely with our Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams to review and optimise sales forecasts, demand-supply plans, and inventory control
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop operations team members to achieve performance and quality targets. Ensure roles are clearly defined, development plans are set up, and resources are allocated effectively
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a logistics or supply-chain management role
- In-depth knowledge and experience in setting up last mile distribution networks for bulky products in Australia
- At least 2 years’ experience in building and managing a team
- Knowledge and experience in with ERP systems and Order Management
- Deep knowledge and proven experience in managing large-scale 3PLs (Warehouse/Transporter), including negotiating and managing their KPIs and SLAs
- Start-up and e-commerce experience is a plus!
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Jerrin Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.