Strategic Business Development Manager
Our client is an independently owned and operated Australian freight management company employing over 100 industry professionals. Their business strategy is to collaborate and consult with clients (B2B) to understand their needs and facilitate the most appropriate and cost efficient supply chain solution.
Their current services include:
- Service enhancement and cost reduction
- Analysis – Evaluation – Solution – Implementation – Management – IT Solutions
- Consolidation and vetting of invoices
- Reduction of transport costs through purchase power
- 3PL solutions
The Strategic Business Development Manager is a true hunter and is passionate about the development and cultivation of an ongoing pipeline for potential new business opportunities, identifying and influencing opportunities, closing out opportunities and transitioning new customers into the business. A lateral thinker who is able to build and deliver efficiencies in New Business customers supply chains through our client’s solution.
Your responsibility as a Strategic Business Development Manager is to acquire new customers via “strategic” solution selling to benefit and balance all of the business units (4PL, 3PL, Global Logistics, etc) across the suite of services.
- Accountable for the delivery of the new business annual target
- Budget Revenue and gross margin
- Maintain weekly lead generation focus
- Project manage the implementation/on-boarding process for new customers
- Compliance to CRM re: pipeline, on-boarding, and implementation
- Responsible for the handover process of the Customer/Account to the dedicated Account Manager
- Contract/commercials for customers and suppliers
- Enhance sales capability throughout the business
- Filter qualified and substantiated sales prospects through to the GM – Business Solutions
- Contributing to maintaining the Sales Revenue and portfolio of the customer
- Overall understanding of Sales, Finance, Billing, Business Analysis and Quality Control along with the ways in which these areas impact upon the day-to-day service provided by the company to each of its customers
- Projects as directed by the GM – Business Solutions
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in a Business Development or Account Management role
- Strong experience in cultivating a sale’s pipeline
- Experience working to KRA’s/ target’s
- A track record of adapting and dealing with ever-changing conditions presented by account stakeholders
- Proven experience in managing relationships and being an advocate for the customer
- Ability to work through complex business matters and come to sound judgments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Comply with legislative COR and OHS requirements and related business policies
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Transport and Logistics or marketing is highly desirable
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Jerrin Francis at email@example.com
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.