Major Account Manager
Our client is an independently owned and operated Australian freight management company employing over 100 industry professionals. Their business strategy is to collaborate and consult with clients (B2B) to understand their needs and facilitate the most appropriate and cost efficient supply chain solution.
Their current services include:
- Service enhancement and cost reduction
- Analysis, Evaluation, Solution, Implementation, Management, IT Solutions
- Consolidation and vetting of invoices
- Reduction of transport costs through purchase power
- 3PL solutions
The Major Account Manager is responsible for all activities associated with servicing and or the facilitation the requirements of a Portfolio of customers.
High level service delivery for customer portfolio:
- Identify and articulate service opportunities for the benefit of customers within Portfolio
- Identify and resolve service failures
- Identify systemic service issues and work with Carrier Management team to resolve
Business relationship development at all levels of both customers and related carriers:
- Obtaining access to all levels of customers business facilitating opportunities for Senior Management meetings with customers
- Development and cultivation of relationships
- Continual review and analysis of customer usage reports
- Consistent monitoring of customer movements in alignment with implemented services
- Providing advice to customers and carriers for constant improvement in the coordination and delivery of freight services
- Continual review of customer carrier’s services with a constant view on optimisation of delivered services
Maintenance of customer records for customer/carrier related activities;
- Completion and circulation of visitation reports
- Maintenance of carrier meeting notes and commitments
- Effective maintenance of relevant customer reporting databases and reports
Successful deployment of the sales strategy:
- Continuous development and revision of solutions satisfying customer requirements
- Development of additional business at existing customers
- Development of additional business with related entities or by way of recommendation.
- Provision of timely reporting and effective collation and presentation of Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Review presentations
- Effective internal business communication of customer and carrier services and supporting requirements
- Identification, development and implementation of customer KRA’s (Key result areas) KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities for the customer and improved yield opportunities for the company
Professional conduct with internal and external customers:
- Consistently display a time sensitive and responsible manner
- Lead by example
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in a senior Business Development or Account Management or Customer Service role
- Ability to work under pressure during intense situations
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Proven ability to identify and introduce ideas to enhance and increase customer and service
- Highly developed communications skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work within both structured and unstructured work environments
- Excellent time management
- High IT competency including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.