Our client was founded in 2000 as a result of an entrepreneurial spirit to innovate in the steel reinforcement sector.
They are Australia’s leading independent manufacturer and supplier of concrete reinforcing, equipment, machines and related accessory products to the residential building and construction
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive to join their team in Melbourne.
- Adhere to their safety and environmental policies.
- Identify and neutralise immediate safety risk.
- Challenge existing processes to achieve superior safety performance.
- Adhere to their Policies and Procedures.
- Support their commitment to fair, honest, and ethical business practices with their people, customers, and suppliers.
- Comply with all legislation and laws governing their operations and all entities.
- Engage only in fair and honest business practices including but not limited to ethical business trading, acting with integrity, and managing conflict of interest.
- Maintain and establish a high degree of quality awareness ensuring quality of all documentation, schedules, and communication.
- Monitor quality performance in accordance with quality procedures and contractual obligations.
- Identify and initiate opportunities for quality improvements throughout the business development and project management process.
- Proficient in interpreting and using key performance and financial data to positively impact the operations and success of the business.
- Identify customer decision makers and leverage relationship opportunities to generate sales in line with company pricing strategies.
- Liaise with Sales team members and Service Centres to collate advice on potential customers and projects.
- Manage the account application process as both an advocate of their company and customers.
- Coach customers to understand value and their company’s value proposition.
- Liaise with schedulers, services centres, production, and despatch in the co-ordination of customer orders and deliveries.
- Investigate customer related complaints, prepare non-conformance reports identifying root causes.
- Leverage relationships with customers to support the collection of outstanding receivables and settlement of disputes.
- Identify opportunities using various sources including customers and leads providers and report on lead progress in the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Prepare pricing strategies and quotations for project tendering.
- Provide interpretations of contracts organise or process correspondence with contracting parties with a view to execute contractual obligations.
- Establish profiles, maintain, and expand customer base by agreed percentage within territory or market segment.
- Identify and investigate growth areas and undertake specialist projects when required.
- Actively promote their products and services to customers to generate maximum sales and margins.
- Handle enquiries and process sales for customers.
- Understand the customer and ensure that the company addresses all relevant customer stakeholders including accounts payable teams.
- Fulfil customer contractual obligations and adhere to the company’s Terms and Conditions and quality procedures.
- Establish and maintain high degree of quality awareness, resulting in delivery of products and services of high quality.
- Promote opportunities to supply value add products and services such as accessories.
- Deploy strategies to address assigned segments and territories and evaluate own performance against those strategies.
- Ensure that pricing agreed with customers are accurately articulated with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare submissions to senior management for the approval of contractual terms, pricing, and credit requests.
- Actively participate in meetings and contribute to preparation of sales reports with respect to specific market segments, territory, and competitor activity.
- Assist in developing sales and marketing policies, prices, brochures, market intelligence and related material.
- Receive tender and drawing transmittals through various means.
- Maintain correspondence for easy access and dispute resolution Stocktale.
- Participate in the conduct of bi-annual stocktakes.
Qualifications & Skills
- Attention to detail
- High level negotiation skills
- Customer orientated, capable of competently liaising with internal staff and customers in professional and pleasant manner
- Work in team environment that fosters getting the job done
- Ability to take control and lead when required
- Goal-orientated and effective time management skills allowing for set deadlines
- Ability to multitask people, events, systems, and deadlines
- Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised in the field whilst representing Ausreo publicly.
- Motor vehicle licence
- Corporate presentation
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Treat co-workers and customers with professionalism and respect
- Ability to converse with customers at all levels of an organisation
- Commercial knowledge of products and services within the Construction and Building
- Proven track record in field sales and achievements
- Thorough knowledge of Ausreo company polices relating to pricing, sales, and service of product lines
- High degree of quality awareness
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts related to inventory and accounts payable
- General computing skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- High level of numeracy skills
- Simple mathematics using percentages and Unitary Method calculations
- Weight conversions back and forth with set weight factors
- Higher School Education
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Ivonna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in Australia.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.