Our client is Asia-Pacific’s leading business transformation consultancy. They help clients implement cutting edge solutions that revolutionise how they work, transforming the journey from source to end customer. Their specialist team brings deep industry experience to optimise the entire value chain, from top-of-the-funnel demand generation right through to final fulfilment.
They offer seamless end-to-end solutions and can also offer expert advice about one section of the process, future-proofing businesses in a fast-changing environment.
They’ve recently launched operations in the UK and are rapidly growing their local team.
The Program Manager will lead the delivery of supply chain transformation program workstreams for major clients. The role involves managing the complete lifecycle of a major program: commercials & preplanning, mobilisation, program delivery incl. team management, as well as pursuing business development opportunities. The Program Manager’s primary objective is to ensure the successful delivery of supply chain improvement outcomes for our client, and in doing so, cement the company as their long-term partner for all future supply chain initiatives.
- Drives and supports initiatives to create a highly engaged, high performing culture.
- Is a visible role model.
- Develop appropriate program structures and schedules including design of workstreams required for each program phase based on client requirements.
- Assist with commercial negotiation of program and individual projects.
- Develop resourcing requirements and assist in recruitment of team resources.
- Develop program budget, resourcing and pricing parameters and enter those into the ProjectWorks system
- Develop appropriate governance and reporting structure for project teams and client stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate resourcing of the program and individual projects.
- Develop detailed program delivery plans for execution by the project team.
- Ensure the program/project deliverables have been endorsed by the client and are clearly understood by the team.
- Ensure all team members roles and responsibilities are clearly understood.
- Lead in managing day to day client expectations and engagement.
- Invest and build strong client stakeholder relationships.
- Lead the daily coordination of the company and client resources to achieve required program objectives, including quality, timeline and budget.
- Deploy personal supply chain functional expertise to support program deliverables.
- Ensure the program/projects are executed in accordance with company methodologies and supporting tools and applications.
- Review and update budget changes through accurate maintenance of PCT resourcing forecasts.
- Lead and manage program risk mitigation identification and ongoing management.
- Develop and present clear documents and presentations on key findings, with a focus on high quality project deliverables.
- Prepare and support program governance steering committee meeting content.
- Work with fly in/ fly out technical experts (e.g. in DC Design, Transport, Property Development, IT) to develop the best informed solutions possible for the client.
- Supervise the timeliness and accuracy of all team time recording.
- Conduct checking of client invoices and client requirements for invoice approval to ensure the timely lodgement and payment of invoices.
- Lead the enhancement of the company Program Management Toolkit through the addition of relevant program deliverables & tools.
- Continually seek out additional areas/ new programs of work that the company can propose to the client.
- Support/lead the development of additional client proposals as opportunities arise.
- Support the development of proposals for other clients when required
- Attend/ assist in the development of brand enhancing events and online content.
- Responsible to Project Sponsor for the delivery of all project outcomes from within the program
- Responsible for the schedule, budget, deliverables, scope definition and associated control mechanisms, e.g., risks & dependencies (including actively managing mitigating and resolving any variance)
- Track progress against plan, including any qualitative & quantitative variables (e.g., risks, change control).
- Escalating any variances to the Program Sponsor or Steering Group as required.
- Write or direct the production of project outputs, e.g., project briefs, business cases, design documents, and be accountable for their timeliness, completeness, appropriateness, quality & relevance.
- Manage the socialisation & approvals process for documents and project control gates.
- Maintain & manage the project disciplines & methodology in adherence with quality standards as defined by the PMO Manager.
- Throughout the project apply your data collection skills, gathering information in accordance with the data collection plan, communicating and getting buy in from the people at the worksite you are involved in gathering the data and demonstrating a collaborate approach.
- Manage quality within projects, ensuring the relevant methodology is applied effectively and toolsets are utilised as appropriate to the situation.
- Determine quality requirements, implementing quality assurance, implementing quality assurance processes, and using reviews and evaluation to make quality improvements in current and future projects.
- Manage to control, minimise and mitigate risk in a project in order to avoid adverse effects on project outcomes.
- Identify, monitor and control project risks, and assess risk management outcomes.
- Determine and control the end products of the project and the processes to develop them in conjunction with the Business Owner.
- Establish project authorisation, develop a scope management plan and manage the application of scope management controls.
- Responsible for establishing and managing use of time within projects.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling tasks and milestones within projects.
- Own the progress reporting to the project leadership team and governance committees.
- Manage the outcomes required to integrate and balance overall project management functions of scope, time, cost, quality and/or human resources.
- Align and track project objectives to comply with organisational goals, strategies, and objectives.
- Delivering an integrated solution capable of achieving the end-to-end value and desired outcome
- Compliance with all safety requirements.
- Ensures adequate training is undertaken to meet requirements.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in safe manner and if any hazards are identified, the appropriate parties are notified.
- Utilises internal systems in accordance with expectations.
- Produces high quality reporting on time.
- Maintains positive working relationships across the business.
- Communicates effectively, frequently, and accurately.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Relevant Practitioner qualifications such as PMI certification (PMP, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-ACP), Prince2/ Prince2 Agile certification, Agile Practitioner or Change Management.
- Expert level experience in at least one Logistics discipline and thorough general understanding, in particular strategy formulation and / or transformation delivery.
- Preferred experience in Retail, FMCG and Industrial products industries.
- Knowledge and experience in business case development including NPV and IRR analysis.
- Business analysis skills, with an ability to understand and critically assess information of all forms.
- Demonstrated experience in complex programmes for a large diverse organisation.
- Solid understanding of commercial context and the learning agility to apply this within role to improve outcomes functionally and for the business.
- Understanding of the key drivers of the business and be able to guide others in delivering functional solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate views in a simple succinct way with ability to influence others to a course of action.
- Proven ability to establish strong working relationships across all levels within the organisation.
- Experience working within supply chain related change programmes, with automation solutions.
- Understand the key drivers in the business and how these translate into your key deliverables functionally.
- Experienced driver of large successful change initiatives across functional/project domains.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, even when issues are complex and intangible.
- Strong leadership skills, team oriented and interest in the professional/personal development of others.
- Committed to the value of collaboration & teamwork through sharing of information and experience.
- A leader, who provides direction and coaching, encourages teamwork, inspires confidence, and enlists the best performance of colleagues and external resources.
- Able to develop informed points of views for program risks and issues, and to present these convincingly to an audience.
- Ability to leverage strong relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally, and to influence key decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with senior client stakeholders to drive outcomes with dependencies on cross functional teams.
- Able to effectively communicate and work with executive through to operations in client organisations, and with technical experts.
- Flexible to work on different types of assignments.
- Must be willing to travel as required for the role.
- Interest to continually learn and improve – client’s businesses, the company, and personally.
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please submit your application or email Tony Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. A file will be created for you on our database for future reference. This will be available to our team in order to facilitate any suitable future hiring initiatives. Therefore, you will also be added to our mailing list.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
- Please only apply if you fulfil the above criteria and have working rights in the UK.
- Due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However, we welcome you to give us a call for feedback on your application at any time.