BASTIAN CONSULTING PTY LTD is a human resources consulting services provider. We are committed to providing you with quality service and to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), conversations or meetings with our consultants), is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
We also aim to satisfy the obligation of transparency under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and national laws implementing GDPR.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Bastian Consulting may collect information about you such as your name and contact details, as well as information contained within your resume such as skills, qualifications, accreditations and your employment history. If requires this may also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
We may also collect other types of your personal information such as references and employment objectives during the course of dealing with you, for example if you are considered for a particular employment position. Where practical, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including in person, telephone, email, via our website www.bconsult.io, publicly available sources and third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing or by using the unsubscribe function on our email communication.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
How we use your Personal Information
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your resume to apply for a job;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities that match your skill set;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. You are able to unsubscribe at any time using the link provided in our email communication;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with trusted third parties. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below on Disclosure of Personal Information;
- to release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so;
- We may also be required to conduct a criminal records check against your details. We have processes in place to limit our use and disclosure of such sensitive data other than where permitted by law. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below on Sensitive Information.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained,
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Obtaining Personal Information from Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you are interested.
Trusted Third Parties
We will share your personal information and, where necessary, your sensitive personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as:
- employment reference checking;
- qualification checking;
- criminal reference checking (as required);
- verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or
- psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
Regulatory and Law Enforcement Agencies
As noted above, if we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under law, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
For users located in EU
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
- Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract– in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation– we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests– either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The length of time we will hold or store your personal information for will depend on the services we perform for you and for how long you require these. As we often support candidates with placements over many years, and potentially throughout their careers, the purpose for which we retain candidate data is often an ongoing purpose.
Most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us via the contact form on our website or email email@example.com.
Bastian Consulting PTY LTD will not charge any fee for your access request or for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details in the Contact section below.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Aggregate Information about Bastian Consulting website visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example:
- which area users access most frequently; and/or
- which services users access the most.
We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
Like most websites, when you visit our sites we place cookies on your computer or other device. For the most part, these cookies are used to enable the websites’ functionality, improve the user experience or help us to optimise our websites, measure traffic and other internal management purposes.
On occasion we run targeted and relevant advertising on a number of whitelisted websites around the world to present you with jobs and content that we believe will be of interest. We target these adverts based on information you have provided to us in your resume, publically available information on social sites such as LinkedIn, and your previous interactions with our websites. Your interaction with our advertising may be used to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to improve our marketing strategy in accordance with our legitimate interests. No advertising campaigns or advertising tracking technology records your personally identifiable information.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Bastian Consulting PTY LTD
5 Lumsdaine Ave
East Ryde, NSW 2113
Tel +614 0909 0434